Community Forum

Can't view upcoming shows beyond one week with new X1 box

Frequent Visitor

Can't view upcoming shows beyond one week with new X1 box

We just received a new model X1 box (I think it is Arris or pace).  We used to be able to pick a certain channel (i.e.: Starz and many others), and scroll down each day of the week, as far as two week out, to see everything that is on the listings for that particular channel, so we can pick and choose what we wanted to record.  (We had the box that displayed the time.)

Now, after receiving the new X1, we can only go out one week, except for the network channels.

Question is... is this something new or do I have a bad box?  Did Comcast take away another feature that we liked?

Thanks,

Mark D.

Expert

Re: Can't view upcoming shows beyond one week with new X1 box

@Markjd wrote:

We just received a new model X1 box (I think it is Arris or pace).  We used to be able to pick a certain channel (i.e.: Starz and many others), and scroll down each day of the week, as far as two week out, to see everything that is on the listings for that particular channel, so we can pick and choose what we wanted to record.  (We had the box that displayed the time.)

Now, after receiving the new X1, we can only go out one week, except for the network channels.

Question is... is this something new or do I have a bad box?  Did Comcast take away another feature that we liked?

Thanks,

Mark D.

go to the channel (live) press guide and use the right arror to go to the day you wish to view. I just did it on starz HD and listings went to 1/21 today is 1/7

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Rusty...

Ah yes.... That works!  Still not the same as scrolling down but it gets us where we want to be with a few extra clicks of the remote.

Thanks for the help and quick response!

Mark D.

Expert

@Markjd wrote:

Rusty...

Ah yes.... That works!  Still not the same as scrolling down but it gets us where we want to be with a few extra clicks of the remote.

Thanks for the help and quick response!

Mark D.

there is another way but may not always show as many days. while watching live on the channel press right two times. then you can scroll down hour by hour for the channel programming.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Wow.... you know a lot of tricks!

Thanks for the tips.

Official Employee

Markjd -- Thank you for using the Xfinity Forums for your question. I see Rustyben was able to assist you, do you need any further assistance?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.