Community Forum

Can't get xfinity remote to control Vizio tv sound

New Poster

Can't get xfinity remote to control Vizio tv sound

I recently purchased a Vizio E series tv. I currently have the new X1 platform/box.

I had my cable box/tv sound all working on one xfinity remote on my previous Vizio.

Even though I have tried all the codes, I cannot get my xfinity remote(Red xfinity button, no voice control) to control my new Vizio's sound or power.

I have tried resetting the box, taking out remote batteries, everything that I could do to reset the settings for the box. No matter what I do I cannot get the remote to control the tv sound or power.

Any thoughts? Like I said I have tried every code combo I could find on the internet. It indicates by the blinking green led light on the remote that it is paired, however, the controls do not actually work.

I know if I call comcast, I'll end up getting the same codes I already have tried.

Thanks for any responses.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Can't get xfinity remote to control Vizio tv sound

dp1010 wrote:

I recently purchased a Vizio E series tv. I currently have the new X1 platform/box.

I had my cable box/tv sound all working on one xfinity remote on my previous Vizio.

Even though I have tried all the codes, I cannot get my xfinity remote(Red xfinity button, no voice control) to control my new Vizio's sound or power.

I have tried resetting the box, taking out remote batteries, everything that I could do to reset the settings for the box. No matter what I do I cannot get the remote to control the tv sound or power.

Any thoughts? Like I said I have tried every code combo I could find on the internet. It indicates by the blinking green led light on the remote that it is paired, however, the controls do not actually work.

I know if I call comcast, I'll end up getting the same codes I already have tried.

Thanks for any responses.

Try this:

To search manually do the following:

1. Turn on your TV.
2. Press and hold the Setup button on your remote until the status LED changes from red to green.
3. To search for a TV code, enter 9-9-1 on the remote.   The status LED should flash green twice.
4. Press the CH ^ button repeatedly to search through the manufacturer codes until the device you are programming turns off.
5. After the device turns off, press Setup. The status LED on your remote should flash green twice. Press the TV Power button on the remote. If the device turns on, you have successfully programmed your remote.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

New Poster

I'm having a similar issue, and was unable to get the code search function to find anything for this TV. Spent several minutes cycling through codes, and was unable to get anything to register on the TV. Tried on 2 seperate X5 remotes. New Vizio E series purchased at costco. Issue with comcast codes? Or think it might be something on Vizio's end with the newer lineup?

Silver Problem Solver

japanther wrote:

I'm having a similar issue, and was unable to get the code search function to find anything for this TV. Spent several minutes cycling through codes, and was unable to get anything to register on the TV. Tried on 2 seperate X5 remotes. New Vizio E series purchased at costco. Issue with comcast codes? Or think it might be something on Vizio's end with the newer lineup?

I have three Vizio TV's and I found codes for them at the remote web site.

Be sure the TV is turned off when entering the codes.  That SOMETIMES helps.

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/program-x1-remote-my-account

https://customer.xfinity.com/remotes/

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Expert

likewise, I have 2 vizio's they work great with the remote.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

I used the manual method and now the remote will turn my Vizio tv on and off but still no volume control. Super frustrated.
I tried unplugging the box and tv, new batteries, new X1 remote....literally everything. Now i have 2 remotes that won't control volume.
Expert

Tiredoftrying1 wrote:
I used the manual method and now the remote will turn my Vizio tv on and off but still no volume control. Super frustrated.
I tried unplugging the box and tv, new batteries, new X1 remote....literally everything. Now i have 2 remotes that won't control volume.

try the vizio code 11758. 

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Entering 11758 worked for me. I aslo turned the TV off before entering the code. Worked like a charm. Thanks to those who posted these solutions

New Poster

I cant get my vizio tv set up on xfinity remote either i tried 991 like shown but didnt work
Silver Problem Solver

@Pauline618 wrote:
I cant get my vizio tv set up on xfinity remote either i tried 991 like shown but didnt work

Did you try this - A button Set Up Remote?