Community Forum

Can't get past the initial select language screen during setup

New Poster

Can't get past the initial select language screen during setup

I saw another message with this subject, but they didn't actually say what they did to fix the problem.

 

I have my new Comcast box set up. Appears to be working. I tried to activate it online and it says that it was successful. But when I turn on the TV, I can't get past the initial "Select language" screen.

Official Employee

Re: Can't get past the initial select language screen during setup


Carolyn3 wrote:

I saw another message with this subject, but they didn't actually say what they did to fix the problem.

 

I have my new Comcast box set up. Appears to be working. I tried to activate it online and it says that it was successful. But when I turn on the TV, I can't get past the initial "Select language" screen.


Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have asked a colleague to review your account and reach out to you so that we can get any underlying issues identified and resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

New Poster

Re: Can't get past the initial select language screen during setup

It seems to have mysteriously gone away. When I tried it again an hour later, assuming it wouldn't work, suddenly I got the right screens to do my set up. Odd that it took so long - literally hours. But it seems to be resolved.

Admin1

Re: Can't get past the initial select language screen during setup

Carolyn3 -- Thanks for the update. Let us know if it happens again. 

New Poster

Re: Can't get past the initial select language screen during setup

It's happened to me and two days and two boxes later, still stuck. Please help.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Can't get past the initial select language screen during setup


Junime wrote:
It's happened to me and two days and two boxes later, still stuck. Please help.

Did you try unplugging the coax AND the power cord and wait a minute or two before plugging them back in?


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Can't get past the initial select language screen during setup

you post no answer i need help where do i go to get an answer,,Can't get past the initial select language screen during setup
Expert

Re: Can't get past the initial select language screen during setup


Wileycoyote-1 wrote:
you post no answer i need help where do i go to get an answer,,Can't get past the initial select language screen during setup

when you press the '1' button does the LED on the remote itself blink green or red (or both)?


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Re: Can't get past the initial select language screen during setup

I'm having the same issue. Can somebody help? Was on the phone for hours with someone and no help
Official Employee

Re: Can't get past the initial select language screen during setup


Danimarie444 wrote:
I'm having the same issue. Can somebody help? Was on the phone for hours with someone and no help

Try press and hold setup, LED goes from red to green and press 987

New Poster

Re: Can't get past the initial select language screen during setup

I have this same problem.  Was on the phone with Comcast, now chatting with Comcast. Their only solution is for me to pay for a rep to come out.  How is this problem solved?

Official Employee

Re: Can't get past the initial select language screen during setup


redogue wrote:

I have this same problem.  Was on the phone with Comcast, now chatting with Comcast. Their only solution is for me to pay for a rep to come out.  How is this problem solved?


Did you try my suggestion right before your post?

New Poster

Re: Can't get past the initial select language screen during setup

I am having the same problem.  I was on the phone with Xfinity/Comcast Tech Support and was told to arrange a service call.

 

Expert

Re: Can't get past the initial select language screen during setup


Calibay8 wrote:

I am having the same problem.  I was on the phone with Xfinity/Comcast Tech Support and was told to arrange a service call.


the Comcast Employee (tech) said above "Try press and hold setup, LED goes from red to green and press 987"


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Re: Can't get past the initial select language screen during setup

The 987 code worked for me.

Thanks.

 

New Poster

Re: Can't get past the initial select language screen during setup

987 Worked!  Thank you soooo much for the post.  

New Poster

Re: Can't get past the initial select language screen during setup

Thanks 987 also worked for us!