Community Forum

Can't directly tune to channel

Regular Visitor

Can't directly tune to channel

We recently moved to a new house and Xfinity did a partial new install, which included a new version of a modem/router and new wifi-based TV boxes (smaller than the X1 DVR/box we used to have).  Something that kept occurring is that we would receive error messages (varying error XRE #s) saying we would have to restart the system.  The Xfinity residential service tech came back out and said that this is a common situation with 'the new system'.  He simply instructs customers to first start a free on-demand movie, then attempt to tune into a live channel.  

I take it this should not be a permanent fix.  The tech said that this will happen until Xfinity works out the kinks with 'the new system'.  Is there a permanent fix for these extra steps?

Expert

Re: Can't directly tune to channel

@corrado59 wrote:

We recently moved to a new house and Xfinity did a partial new install, which included a new version of a modem/router and new wifi-based TV boxes (smaller than the X1 DVR/box we used to have).  Something that kept occurring is that we would receive error messages (varying error XRE #s) saying we would have to restart the system.  The Xfinity residential service tech came back out and said that this is a common situation with 'the new system'.  He simply instructs customers to first start a free on-demand movie, then attempt to tune into a live channel.  

I take it this should not be a permanent fix.  The tech said that this will happen until Xfinity works out the kinks with 'the new system'.  Is there a permanent fix for these extra steps?

what you were told is fully and coimpletely incorrect. I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Can't directly tune to channel

corrado59, Appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us about the issues you're having with your new wireless boxes. As Rustyben pointed out, this is not working as intended and sounds like there might be a MOCA or signal issues with your network. I'll take a closer look. Please send me a private message with your full name so I can investigate. Just click my name and then click the send a message link on the top right of the page!

See ya soon,

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!