Community Forum

Can't Pause or Rewind Live TV

Official Employee

Re: Can't Pause or Rewind Live TV

It's a known issue being worked on. You'll have to repeat those steps each day until fixed

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

So can we just add an SD card to our companions and then be able to rewind and pause live TV?

Gold Problem Solver

The RNG-150 Companion box cannot FF/Pause/REW no matter what you do. The Xi3 can as long as you have a COMCAST SUPPLIED SD card installed which would have come with it.

However even with the SD card installed the Xi3 is currently experiencing issues...

@nolefan10 wrote:

So can we just add an SD card to our companions and then be able to rewind and pause live TV?

Regular Visitor

I find by turning your cable box off. Then turn it back on. Worked for me. If that doesn't try a hard reboot by unplugging it and plug it back in. Good luck
Highlighted
New Poster

I was able to rewin live tv on my X1 companion boxes, and then it stopped doing it. Why was that?

Gold Problem Solver

Pull the SD card out and unplug and reboot your X1 box. If that doesn't help the SD card or the box could be bad and might need to replaced.
New Poster

I believe something happened in a recent update or something. I used to be able to pause and rewind live TV all the time, but now when I attempt it the channel just resets effectively deleting the buffer. After I have done this, I will be able to rewind live TV for a while, but over time it will malfunction again.

This really needs to be fixed! There is a reason to rewind live TV - and once the buffer is gone, there is no recourse.

B

Regular Visitor

I find by turning your cable box off. Then turn it back on. Worked for me. If that doesn't try a hard reboot by unplugging it and plug it back in. Good luck
Contributor

I finally realized that pause and rewind aren't available on my remote settop box. Only on the main box.
Expert

@RCoyote wrote:
I finally realized that pause and rewind aren't available on my remote settop box. Only on the main box.

what is the model number of the box? (on a label and also on the my account app under TV tab).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@RCoyote wrote:

Rcoyote, check this link for boxes that you can swap out the 2 RNG 150s for

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-TV-Box-Comparison-DVR-vs-Non-DVR/td-p/2860183

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert
Moved:

Comcast employees are not allowed to post in the forums unless approved, vetted, and trained as an Official Employee.

Contributor

PR150BWM
Expert

@RCoyote wrote:
PR150BWM

the Xi3/XiD devices borrow a tuner from the DVR if there is no XG2 companion set top box that lends tuners. To keep all 6 tuners available on your DVR, request one XG2 companion and an XiD. Power up the XG2 first, then the XiD companion.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Since when? I've been pausing  FF/REW tv with both of my X1 boxs... neither one were a "DVR". 

Silver Problem Solver

@04e46M wrote:

Since when? I've been pausing  FF/REW tv with both of my X1 boxs... neither one were a "DVR". 

Some companions have an SD card that supports a limited ff/rew.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I am really frustrated! I have an upgraded box but now I can't pause or rewind unless I reboot the entitre system. I also notcied that I am being chared for 3 HD boxes even though one is basic. It seems I have to call every month becasue of something sneaky occuring.

Expert

@miakoda2 wrote:

I am really frustrated! I have an upgraded box but now I can't pause or rewind unless I reboot the entitre system. I also notcied that I am being chared for 3 HD boxes even though one is basic. It seems I have to call every month becasue of something sneaky occuring.

what is the model number of your 'basic' box? all X1 set top boxes carry a charge but some plans include the first set top box.