Community Forum

Can I use the Voice Remote (XR11) if Cable box is hidden in closet?

Regular Visitor

Can I use the Voice Remote (XR11) if Cable box is hidden in closet?

I currently have a Logitech TV remote which has an "extender", where I have the Xfinity box in the closet.  I am looking at getting the Xfinity voice remote (XR11 model) but would still like to have the box in the closet.  Do know if they the XR11 can be used this way, and if so which cable box has the capability for the infrared feature?  Appreciate it!!

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Can I use the Voice Remote (XR11) if Cable box is hidden in closet?

Depending on distance to the box, or barring anything that could interfere (too many walls) any X1 box besides the RNG150 will work. You won’t know until you actually try

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I have an XR11 with an XG2v2-P box.  Will that pairing work behind a closed door?  I may try it in the other room where I have the closet.

Diamond Problem Solver

Yes as long as the remote and box are paired. Try it

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Question then...Is the XR11 and this box plug/play when I put it in the other room?  i.e just plug into TV and coax?

Diamond Problem Solver

As long as that coax is live, sure