Community Forum

Caller ID on TV screen

Regular Visitor

Caller ID on TV screen

Caller ID stopped showing up on my TV after my xfinity 1 upgrade.  How do I get it back?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Caller ID on TV screen

Do you have Xfinity Voice turned on under Notifications?

If you do then you probably will need to call Comcast and register a trouble ticket.

Gold Problem Solver

tracy-molitor wrote:

Caller ID stopped showing up on my TV after my xfinity 1 upgrade.  How do I get it back?

As Rick stated if you have notifications turned on for Voice, call into Comcast @ 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489 and ask the CSR to ensure that the CallerID Rate Code is showing on your account.....   when upgrading, sometimes this rate code is "MIA" after the upgrade and needs to be manually added back onto your account.

Regular Visitor

geek46 wrote:

tracy-molitor wrote:

As Rick stated if you have notifications turned on for Voice, call into Comcast @ 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489 and ask the CSR to ensure that the CallerID Rate Code is showing on your account.....   when upgrading, sometimes this rate code is "MIA" after the upgrade and needs to be manually added back onto your account.

Thanks for the help..  but the reason that caller ID is not showing up is because Comcast changed my phone number for some unknown reason and evidently it is a major big deal to get the old number back and to get rid of the new (UNWANTED) number.  I now have the old number back (after 9 days) but it has not migrated to the billing account number yet.

Regular Contributor

Mine stopped working recently also.  No changes to my phone number or account.  Yet another X1 bug.  I think the countdown has started on switching back to Dish.

Silver Problem Solver

Corey, did you check Settings to see if it was still on?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Visitor

Well, we do have 30 days to cancel X1 without early termination fees.  But I think we get charged for equipment, or something. 

CoreyD wrote:

Mine stopped working recently also.  No changes to my phone number or account.  Yet another X1 bug.  I think the countdown has started on switching back to Dish.

Regular Contributor

RobertWy wrote:

Yes it is still turned on in setings.

Silver Problem Solver

CoreyD wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

Yes it is still turned on in setings.

Did you try customer service?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

Hi tracy-molitor, per ticket notes it appears that out tier 2 techs were able to get your phone number back. Are you still needing assistance?

Thank you

New Poster

Caller I'd rate code is on for both incoming and outgoing. Still no caller Id on tv. Help desk is useless
New Poster

SOLVED:  this is a recurring problem on my account.  GO TO DEVICES on your account to see if ALL your TV boxes are listed.  IF NOT, this is your problem... the caller ID will never work if the boxes are not on the account.

I am still having the same issue AFTER having 2 of my 4 boxes added to the account AFTER A 3RD TIME.  For some reason, these 2 boxes refuse to stay listed on the account (although I am still being billed for them).

Expert

closed year-old+ thread.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.