Community Forum

Cablebox software update failure

New Poster

Cablebox software update failure

X1 cable box is frozen trying to execute a Pace AB v1.17 software update.... stopped on DOCSIS status: Operational .......  OK

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Cablebox software update failure

RicaMA wrote:

X1 cable box is frozen trying to execute a Pace AB v1.17 software update.... stopped on DOCSIS status: Operational .......  OK

Try holding the power button in until it turns off.  Then press the power button again until it turns on.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

TV stuck on whatever it was when turned off, YOUR status says fine, but remotes say try again later to access anything!

Problem Solver

joe_notv wrote:

TV stuck on whatever it was when turned off, YOUR status says fine, but remotes say try again later to access anything!

Unplug from wall and wait 30 sec then plug in and restart.

New Poster

Before I posted on this forum, I tried holding down the power button with no change.  Also, I had tried several hard power cycles with same result.  Sometimes there is a "DOCSIS status: BPI initialization .... OK" before the "operational .... OK" but other times there is just "operational" after the box tried to register.  Yes, we have internet and voice.

Gold Problem Solver

You need to call in... it sounds like your box is bad. Maybe an over the phone re-initialize will fix it.

RicaMA wrote:

Before I posted on this forum, I tried holding down the power button with no change.  Also, I had tried several hard power cycles with same result.  Sometimes there is a "DOCSIS status: BPI initialization .... OK" before the "operational .... OK" but other times there is just "operational" after the box tried to register.  Yes, we have internet and voice.

New Poster

Thanks everyone.  I tried the over-the-phone reset for "after a power interruption" earlier, too, which didn't work. It've also waited for it to get past the update for over 12 hours.  

Gold Problem Solver

That is not the same as having the box re-intialized. Call.

New Poster

They were able to reimage the X1's firmware remotely.  Took about 30 minutes.