Community Forum

Cable works in 1 room only

Highlighted
New Poster

Cable works in 1 room only

The DVR in our master bedroom (XG2v2-P) stopped displaying cable TV suddenly. I tried moving our small box (XiD-P) to replace it, and still no signal. I checked the wires in the attic, no evidence of critters. The DVR doesn't work in the 2nd bedroom where the small box was. The small box still works in the 2nd bedroom.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Cable works in 1 room only

Update. The signal strength to the house was extremely weak. Not enough signal for the DVR to work but the small boxes work fine.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Cable works in 1 room only

@MelGer84 wrote:
Update. The signal strength to the house was extremely weak. Not enough signal for the DVR to work but the small boxes work fine.

the XG2 is an HD set top box that also functions as a hub (for MoCA) and can provide the smaller xi3/xiD set top boxes with a loaned tuner. there is no DVR in an XG2 so you probably have the cloud DVR. play a recording, when the 'menu disappears press the down button and see if the source shows "DVR" or Cloud icon + "DVR". what you describe is too low signal or too high noise or both.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!