Community Forum

Cable service

Frequent Visitor

Cable service

I am having two problems with cable service.  First is that my X1 box will freeze and shut off and reset itself.  Very annoying.

Reset takes about 5 to 10 minutes and all is OK except have lost that much time in show we were watching, also very annoying.  This has happened 10 time in past year.  I have documented.

Second we get sporadic sound problems, usualy late afternoon and early evening.

Both reported as a service problem and I have yet to get service.  Told to do a hard reset of X1 box, haha, that is why I am calling. 

Official Employee

Re: Cable service

Have a tech back out, your dvr is barely in spec. In comparison, your modem is well within spec. You only have the 2 devices so the levels should be pretty even but they’re not even close.
Frequent Visitor

I have not had service.  I was given a ticket number and told I would receive aa call for appointment.  Have not received a call and no service from Comcast.  I was told this would happen January 20th.  Guess some customers are just not important. 

Official Employee

Hi, khuiras - My apologies for your experience, please send me a private message with your full name, address, and a phone or account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.