Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Cable extreme picture pixulation and sound interruption

New Poster

Cable extreme picture pixulation and sound interruption

I am having extreme picture pixulation and sound interruption comes and goes. Affects network stations worse than others.  Have had Comcast here 4 times over the last year and still no resolution.  Last thing tried was a surge protector from TV HMD1 to surge (I had to buy these myself.) No luck.

This is in Northern California, any one else with this problem, and did you find a solution.

Expert

Re: Cable extreme picture pixulation and sound interruption

@comm2sonora wrote:

I am having extreme picture pixulation and sound interruption comes and goes. Affects network stations worse than others.  Have had Comcast here 4 times over the last year and still no resolution.  Last thing tried was a surge protector from TV HMD1 to surge (I had to buy these myself.) No luck.

This is in Northern California, any one else with this problem, and did you find a solution.

are you using a desk/laptop PC? if so what browser? running anything else at the same time?  use chrome browser and go to speed test and reply with down and upload speed (and share the linmk at the bottom - hit down arrow and copy paste the url to your reply.

New Poster

Not sure how this would affect my TV but here it is. Note that these PCs are off at night and the pixulation still occurs. Speed Results Download Speed 56.20 Mbps Upload Speed 12.85 Mbps Latency 16 ms Protocol IPv6 Host Sacramento, CA
Expert

@comm2sonora wrote:
Not sure how this would affect my TV but here it is. Note that these PCs are off at night and the pixulation still occurs. Speed Results Download Speed 56.20 Mbps Upload Speed 12.85 Mbps Latency 16 ms Protocol IPv6 Host Sacramento, CA

you happened to post this under 'streaming web site' area which means using a PC and browser. was your question actually about a smart device (phone/tablet)? if you are having streaming issues on PC as well as smart devices, there may be a busy network problem or a reboot of the router might fix it.

Official Employee

@comm2sonora wrote:

You're going to have to keep working with your local techs. Other than your dvr being close to out of spec, anything that can be checked remotely looks good. Don't worry about your computer it has no bearing on your issues. 

New Poster

TV reception problem pixelation and sound interruption

Expert

Re: TV reception problem pixelation and sound interruption

@comm2sonora wrote:

Picture Pixelation along with Audio Issues is a signal issue.  Something is amiss and you will need a TECH onsite to evaluate and make the necessary repairs.

New Poster

Re: TV reception problem pixelation and sound interruption

Thank you for your response, Comcast has been out here 4 times and they have essentially given up.  I am stuck with this issue.