Community Forum

Cable box on wrong source

New Poster

Cable box on wrong source

so my parents upgraded and few years ago to the xfinity cable boxes and I got a small one for my room and ever since it’s been on HDMI 4 source. But suddenly I’ve come home and turned on my tv but it’s not there, instead it on the tv source in a much lower quality image, I tried everything from resetting the box to moving around the cables in an effort to get it back to where it was originally, I really don’t know what else to do at this point and I’d rather not be stuck with a very poor quality picture
Expert

Re: Cable box on wrong source

@julia_alo wrote:
so my parents upgraded and few years ago to the xfinity cable boxes and I got a small one for my room and ever since it’s been on HDMI 4 source. But suddenly I’ve come home and turned on my tv but it’s not there, instead it on the tv source in a much lower quality image, I tried everything from resetting the box to moving around the cables in an effort to get it back to where it was originally, I really don’t know what else to do at this point and I’d rather not be stuck with a very poor quality picture

would you reply back with a model number off the set top box? how is it connected to the TV? (HDMI and coax both?)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Use your actual tv remote to move the input back to the hdmi port you’re used to.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I actually was able to fix it by unplugging it from the actual wall but I’ll keep that solution in mind for next time thanks!