Community Forum

Cable box getting no power

New Poster

Cable box getting no power

I am trying to complete the self-install for new cable. I have two TVs and two cable boxes. I am pretty certain I have everything plugged in correctly. The outlets work fine, but neither cable box will come on. When you plug it in, the lights come on (so obviously it's getting power) and then the power indicator flashes for about 10 seconds and then it turns itself off.  When you push the power switch again, you get nothing. BUT, if you unplug it and plug it back in, it does the same thing all over again. BOTH boxes are doing this on two different TVs on two different floors of my house. What is going on???

Expert

Re: Cable box getting no power

@Sharuanita wrote:

I am trying to complete the self-install for new cable. I have two TVs and two cable boxes. I am pretty certain I have everything plugged in correctly. The outlets work fine, but neither cable box will come on. When you plug it in, the lights come on (so obviously it's getting power) and then the power indicator flashes for about 10 seconds and then it turns itself off.  When you push the power switch again, you get nothing. BUT, if you unplug it and plug it back in, it does the same thing all over again. BOTH boxes are doing this on two different TVs on two different floors of my house. What is going on???

I don't know what cable-box type you have, but my cable-box needed to be plugged in and you would see the lights blinking for a short time, and the box would turn off. After waiting at 5 minutes the box needed to be turned back on.

I replaced a bad box about 3 weeks ago. Directions said to wait at least 20 minutes to warm up new box before the number to call for getting signal to initialize the new box would take place.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, Sharuanita. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear you are running into this issue with the boxes. I would like to look further into it for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, Sharuanita. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.