Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Cable Box rebooting

New Poster

Cable Box rebooting

Our X1 box has been randomly re-booting a few times a day.  For the past month it has been re-booting multiple times an hour. I called the tech support last night and he sent out a signal and now the box is stuck in a re-boot loop.  the cable is not watchable becasue everytime the box connects to lives TV it re-boots.  I scheduled another call but are there any solutions?  This is our 2nd box

TIA

Official Employee

Re: Cable Box rebooting

@ybrlabs wrote:

Our X1 box has been randomly re-booting a few times a day.  For the past month it has been re-booting multiple times an hour. I called the tech support last night and he sent out a signal and now the box is stuck in a re-boot loop.  the cable is not watchable becasue everytime the box connects to lives TV it re-boots.  I scheduled another call but are there any solutions?  This is our 2nd box

TIA

You have 5 X1 boxes, which is rebooting? When you swapped the box, did you change the power supply too? Try taking whichever box is rebooting or stuck to where there’s another X1 box and swap locations temporarily, do the reboot actions follow the box?