Community Forum

CNN Pixilation

Frequent Visitor

CNN Pixilation

Is there any possible technical reason that CNN would pixilate far more than other channels??  I have pretty bad CNN pixilation and Fox News is clear. Makes no sense to me?????

Regards,

Steve

Expert

Re: CNN Pixilation

@SABLT194 wrote:

Is there any possible technical reason that CNN would pixilate far more than other channels??  I have pretty bad CNN pixilation and Fox News is clear. Makes no sense to me?????

Regards,

Steve

yes, but only a tech visit can fix it normally. do you have more than one set top box? have you checked to see if all the connections are tight? do you have any splitters that you can remove (not needed)? you can verify the channels work properly by using a desk/laptop or smart device and vieing the same channels. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: CNN Pixilation

Yes there is a reason. Channels come in on different frequencies, and it’s possible there’s something impeding that frequency that CNN is coming in on. It can be outside plant, or interior cable/splitter or the box itself. If it continues, let us know and we can assist getting a tech out

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!