Community Forum

Box resetting almost every night, and nothing but issues with cable now!

New Poster

Box resetting almost every night, and nothing but issues with cable now!

I've had issues with my phone and internet/wifi cutting in and out all the time for a couple years, and had Xfinity over twice in the past month to correct it.  They did find some issues with my modem not communicating properly with the cable box, and "trying to communicate with other devices" (???), and the wiring in the wall, and supposedly fixed everything.  I haven't noticed any more Wifi issues, but now my cable box seems to update every night overnight, which it never used to do, and when it does, none of my "reminders" work, and I have other issues, nothing major, just annoying, like the reminders.  WHAT are they doing to my box overnight and why is it always messing up, and WHY can't I just have NORMAL service with ALL my services!!!!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Box resetting almost every night, and nothing but issues with cable now!

The X1 boxes have always restarted every night.  A Setting (gear icon) can change when the box reboots.

Go to Settings>>>Preferences>>>General>>>Daily Update Time

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: Box resetting almost every night, and nothing but issues with cable now!

Mine did not USED to do this, so I guess that was part of the problem, although all I saw was probs with wifi and phone.  At any rate, the resetting is not the problem--the cable acting up after IS.  I'm not getting reminders that I set, so I'm missing my fave shows (I know, not a huge crisis, but annoying).