Community Forum

Box light is dim

New Poster

Box light is dim

My cable box light is dim. All other TVs in house work but mine is not. Says there is a connection problem. Help
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Box light is dim

@Mr151josh wrote:
My cable box light is dim. All other TVs in house work but mine is not. Says there is a connection problem. Help

Which cable box?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Box light is dim

Thank you for posting your question here in the Xfinity Forum. 

Below are the directions on how to use the Xfinity X1 On-Screen Guide to manage the brightness of the Power button and time display lights that appear on the front of your X1 TV Box.

Device Lights
To access Device Settings:
  1. Using the remote, press the xfinity button.
  2. Use the left arrow or right arrow button to highlight Settings (the gear icon) and press OK.
    Note: If your remote does not have an OK button, press the raised button in the center of the directional pad.
    X1 Menu displays with Settings (gear) option
  3. Use the down arrow button to highlight Device Settings and press OK.
    Settings Menu displays with Device Settings highlighted.  This is the second option from the top.
  4. Use the down arrow button to highlight Device Lights and press OK.
    The Device Lights option displays.  This is the second option from the top.
  5. Select Power Light Brightness and press OK.
    The screen defaults to Power Light Brightness already selected.
  6. Use the left arrow or right arrow button to select your preferred brightness level. Then press OK.
    The Power Light Brightness window includes an option to toggle the brightness down using the left arrow, or toggle it up using the right arrow.
  7. Press Exit to finish.
    The new brightness values you have selected will display on the screen.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!