Community Forum

Black flashing on TV with 1080p setting

New Poster

Re: Black flashing on TV with 1080p setting

I'm having the exact same problem! It's maddening.  Do you have and advice? Everthing was fine until I "upgraded" to th X1 box.

Gold Problem Solver

My advice would be to read the thread you chose to post in. Your answer is within this thread.

@Epostell wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem! It's maddening.  Do you have and advice? Everthing was fine until I "upgraded" to th X1 box.

New Poster

I have to restart my X1 box everyday to stop the black flashing. My question is why?

Gold Problem Solver

Press EXIT EXIT EXIT 1080 on your remote. You should be fine.

@pedrogeorge wrote:

I have to restart my X1 box everyday to stop the black flashing. My question is why?

New Poster

I'm having the same issue right now aside from horrible ping 

Silver Problem Solver

Ping?  Explain.  And which X1 box do you have?

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

I know I'm late to the party but I just upgraded and have the same issue. Comcast seems clueless even after sending someone out. My question after reading this thread is - are you changing this setting (1080i) on your tv or through your dvr box? If you are doing it through the dvr box where do I find the menu?

Silver Problem Solver

It's in the DVR Settings (gear icon).

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-video-display/

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Just connected the X1 to my sharp and I have the same problem. Had tech out 1 time and on ph 4 times with Comcast and no one can yell me how to fix the problem
Gold Problem Solver

Set your X1 box to 1080i reslution vs 1080p. Also, make sure your Sharp TV has the latest firmware updates.

@Roynightengale wrote:
Just connected the X1 to my sharp and I have the same problem. Had tech out 1 time and on ph 4 times with Comcast and no one can yell me how to fix the problem

New Poster

I have same issue
Gold Problem Solver

Argh.

Did you read my last post?

@Roynightengale wrote:
I have same issue

New Poster

I have a Sharp TV and have exactly the same issue as well.  The screen goes black on the TV.  The sound also gets interrupted some of the time, not all of the time, so that part is slightly different with the issue I have.

Silver Problem Solver

My blackouts disappeared after I reseated both ends of my HDMI cable.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Best-HDMI-cable/td-p/2223104

Expert

Two Year Old Thread being Closed.

Please post new issues in new Topic.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!