Community Forum

BOOT message

Contributor

BOOT message

Woke up this morning to find my X1 box stuck in BOOT.  Not sure what to do.  Powered the box off and on but still just says boot.  Have never had a problem with this box in the year or so I've had it.  Any ideas?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: BOOT message

I was able to resolve an RDK-xxxx message by calling 1800comcast and asking for an agent.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

I'm not even receiving an error message.  The message on the screen says "Welcome, powering up...." and the box says boot.  No error message.  This first occured overnight when it was attempting to go through the nightly update process.  It has been stuck like this ever since. I've have tried moving to a different location, powering off/on and nothing changes the situation.  On my account the box is showing as offline.

Silver Problem Solver

mkdavis1977 wrote:

I'm not even receiving an error message.  The message on the screen says "Welcome, powering up...." and the box says boot.  No error message.  This first occured overnight when it was attempting to go through the nightly update process.  It has been stuck like this ever since. I've have tried moving to a different location, powering off/on and nothing changes the situation.  On my account the box is showing as offline.

Another option is to do a free swap.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Contributor

Thanks, Robert.  The xfinity store doesn't open until 11:30 today.  I figured I'd see if one of the xfinity sharps on this board could assist me with this delimna prior to the store opening.......however, I will return the box this morning if I can't figure this out in the next couple of hours.

Silver Problem Solver

I forgot about New Year's Eve.

Official Employee

Try putting it where your XiD is and see if it boots up. Right now it’s coming back unresponsive

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion, Andrew.  I tried that but still had the same result.  Because of the holiday, I decided to not take the chance of continuing to try and get it to work, so I just exchanged the box.  Everything seems to be working now.  No idea what happened with the old box as that was the first even slight blip since I've had that one.