Community Forum

Auto Rollover from Non-HD to HD When Choosinng Channels

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Auto Rollover from Non-HD to HD When Choosinng Channels

Hi,

I originally set up my X1 TV configuration so that if I selected a channel that was a non-HD channel, if there was the HD equivalent of that channel, the TV would automatically go to the HD equivalent.  For instance, if I selected channnel 2 to watch the news or a football game, since the HD equivalent of channel 2 is channel 702, the TV would automatically tune to channel 2.

Today, only channel 702 was pixelating/freezing/loss of audio.  I went to my account online, and it said there was an outage in my area.  Maybe so, but it only affected channel HD 702, the channnel I watch 95% of the time.

So, I decided to go to channel non-HD 2, but when I tried, it kept rolling over to HD. 

I tried to find the setting that did the auto rollover in order to disable it so that if I pressed channel 2, it would go to channel 2, not 702.  But it seemed that that capability/setting was no longer available in settings.

Is that setting still available?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Auto Rollover from Non-HD to HD When Choosinng Channels

@anon86290 wrote:

Hi,

I originally set up my X1 TV configuration so that if I selected a channel that was a non-HD channel, if there was the HD equivalent of that channel, the TV would automatically go to the HD equivalent.  For instance, if I selected channnel 2 to watch the news or a football game, since the HD equivalent of channel 2 is channel 702, the TV would automatically tune to channel 2.

Today, only channel 702 was pixelating/freezing/loss of audio.  I went to my account online, and it said there was an outage in my area.  Maybe so, but it only affected channel HD 702, the channnel I watch 95% of the time.

So, I decided to go to channel non-HD 2, but when I tried, it kept rolling over to HD. 

I tried to find the setting that did the auto rollover in order to disable it so that if I pressed channel 2, it would go to channel 2, not 702.  But it seemed that that capability/setting was no longer available in settings.

Is that setting still available?

Google:

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: Auto Rollover from Non-HD to HD When Choosinng Channels

It’s now called Best Available Resolution

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!