Community Forum

Audio fading with X1 box 'upgrade' with Bose Solo sound bar

Frequent Visitor

Audio fading with X1 box 'upgrade' with Bose Solo sound bar

When we received a message that in order to get Amazon movies, we had to upgrade our X1 box.

After installing the new box with our BOSE Solo 15 Serires II Soundbar, the audio fades in/out.  We do have a Samsung soundbar on another tv and do not have this issue.

The remote works fine, we can work the volume on the BOSE with the Xfinity remote, the audio just fades intermittently.  

We did remove the soundbar from the Audio set up and the audio is fine.  So, clearly, there is an issue with the box or it staying pared. 

The only variable is the new box.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Expert

Re: Audio fading with X1 box 'upgrade' with Bose Solo sound bar

@stacr wrote:

When we received a message that in order to get Amazon movies, we had to upgrade our X1 box.

After installing the new box with our BOSE Solo 15 Serires II Soundbar, the audio fades in/out.  We do have a Samsung soundbar on another tv and do not have this issue.

The remote works fine, we can work the volume on the BOSE with the Xfinity remote, the audio just fades intermittently.  

We did remove the soundbar from the Audio set up and the audio is fine.  So, clearly, there is an issue with the box or it staying pared. 

The only variable is the new box.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

go into settings/audio and try chaning the output format to expert.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Audio fading with X1 box 'upgrade' with Bose Solo sound bar

We actually fixed the issue!! Thank God!

In the Audio settings we changed it to 'Stereo'.

That's worked for a week now.