Community Forum

Arris XG1v4 cable box blank screen issue

New Poster

Arris XG1v4 cable box blank screen issue

My new Arris XG1v4 cable box displays a blank screen and no volume for about 5 to 8 seconds, then returns to normal cable watching.  This reoccurs multiple times an hour during normal use.  Anyone know why this occurs?

Tags (1)
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Arris XG1v4 cable box blank screen issue

I have the same issue except for my box doesn't come back on. It just randomly started doing a couple months ago. I received a replacement today and I will let you know if that fixes my problem.

New Poster

I am having the same issue with the screen turning black but can still hear audio. It happens a few times a week. The only was to get picture back is to power cycle the cable box. I chatted with xfinity twice now and all they do is send refresh command. Very frustrating.

I have a samsung KU6300 TV.

Expert

@kbragg00123 wrote:

I am having the same issue with the screen turning black but can still hear audio. It happens a few times a week. The only was to get picture back is to power cycle the cable box. I chatted with xfinity twice now and all they do is send refresh command. Very frustrating.

I have a samsung KU6300 TV.

if you still have sound then that is a fully different issue. how is your set top box connected to your TV? (directly? through another device? HDMI switcher? video interupted while sound continues is HDMI cable/port/device or HDCP violation detected which shuts off the HD streaming video.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!