Community Forum

Application locks off but still prompting for pin

Contributor

Application locks off but still prompting for pin

I have application locks set to off in parental controls, however anytime an app is accessed it still prompts for parental control pin. Any ideas?
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Application locks off but still prompting for pin

Are your parental controls still on?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

Yes.  I'm guessing that overrides the Application Lock?  This makes Netflix on the X1 worthless for my kids.  Netflix has its own parental controls, which we use.  I should be able disable the the PIN for Netflix, or at least give it it's own PIN.  As it stands, the only way to make Netflix content accessable to my kids is to completely disable Parental controls.  

Silver Problem Solver

@HackedLife wrote:

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

Yes.  I'm guessing that overrides the Application Lock?  This makes Netflix on the X1 worthless for my kids.  Netflix has its own parental controls, which we use.  I should be able disable the the PIN for Netflix, or at least give it it's own PIN.  As it stands, the only way to make Netflix content accessable to my kids is to completely disable Parental controls.  

Does this help?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-parental-controls-service-locks

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hi @HackedLife

I just wanted to follow up to see if the link provided by @RobertWy helped resolve the issue you were having with the app lock pin? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I had this same problem. Once I turned off TV Rating Locks, the PIN for Netflix was no longer needed. This is a defect Comcast! Turning on or off my TV Rating Locks should force an Appication PIN. Google it... many people having this same issue. Also, google solved my problem in under 15 minutes. I spent an hour on first and second level Comcast support and they still have no clue how to resolve this issue. Have you considered giving them access to Google?