Community Forum

Amazon streaming via XiD-P remote box

Frequent Visitor

Amazon streaming via XiD-P remote box

Is the Amazom Prime streaming feature supposed to work from all of Xifnity TV boxes?  It does work from my main DVR box but it does not work from either of the two XiD-P remote boxes.  I can select the APPS option and select the Prime streaming icon.  I get the Amazon splash screen, but it asks me to sign in to my Amazon account requiring a keyboard/keypad.  There is no such input device in my TV.  Hopeless.

Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Amazon streaming via XiD-P remote box

@b-whiteside,

Thank you for posting your question here in the Xfinity Forum. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced when attempting to use the Amazon Prime Video app on your X1 set top boxes. 

When initially logging into the app for the first time on a new box, simply follow the directions below. 

For existing Amazon Prime customers:

1. Launch Prime Video from the Apps menu or by saying a voice command into your X1 Voice Remote.
    Voice Remote used saying Prime Video 
  2. Select Sign in and start watching.
    Sign in and start watching button once Prime Video is open 
  3. The following screen will then appear: “Sign in your Xfinity device with your Amazon account to watch and purchase videos. On your computer, go to: amazon.com/mytv.
    • On your computer or mobile device, go to amazon.com/mytv and sign in to your Amazon account.
      Sign in page with messaging and Code. I need a new code button at center right. 
  4. After signing in to your Amazon account on your computer or mobile device, enter the pairing code shown on your TV Box into the Amazon website. Once confirmed, your TV will automatically update.
  5. Browse Amazon original content and other titles of interest on X1 or the Prime Video app.

For additional information on Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1, see here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/ANSWERED-Amazon-Prime-Video-on-Xfinity-X1/ta-p/3169525

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!