Community Forum

Amazon prime app on x1 says internet connection error

Contributor

Re: Amazon prime app on x1 says internet connection error

No it has not been resolved....after over an hour on the phone with Comcast and not able to solve my problem they have scheduled an appointment to come to my home and figure it out...

New Poster

I have been having this issue since it became available.  Really frustrating. I have restrarted the box, talked to Comcast, talked to Amazon, still does not work. 

Contributor

I spent over an hour yesterday with Comcast trying to fix the problem over the phone. No results !

Comcast has just left my home today.

Sure enough, changed the box out and the new box works just fine.

Regular Visitor

Same issue here. 3 boxes (PXD01ANI_3.5p2s2_PROD_sdy) that won't play Amazon Video or Netflix
Expert

@Hhoinaes wrote:
Same issue here. 3 boxes (PXD01ANI_3.5p2s2_PROD_sdy) that won't play Amazon Video or Netflix

do a test using that xiD set top box. make a new recording. while it is recording, play the recording in progress. when it is playing press the OK button and look in lower left corner. does it say 'DVR' only or does a cloud icon appear before "DVR'? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

See my latst reply....Problem solved with a visit from Comcast repairman...x1 box changed out....

Apparently that was the problem afterall....new box fixed it....

Contributor

@Bigag501 wrote:

No it has not been resolved....after over an hour on the phone with Comcast and not able to solve my problem they have scheduled an appointment to come to my home and figure it out...

Read elsewhere in this thread for the answer to this problem.

Regular Visitor

Only says DVR

Expert

@Hhoinaes wrote:

Only says DVR

that means the box can communicated via MoCA with the home DVR. MoCA is used to give modem access to set top boxes, too. sorry I could not help.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I would like a tech to come exchange my box. I am having the internet connection error with amazon prime. 

Official Employee

@Eggsinlove

Sorry for the experience you're having while trying to access Amazon Prime on you X1 box. I received your private message and will be replying shortly. For others who are still having this issue, feel free to contact me in a private message so I can do some basic troubleshooting to first determine if a tech is needed. If your affected box is the DVR, I would like to troubleshoot and then link this to an open ticket that our Advanced Techs are working if my steps don't help. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

The xfinity employee did come to my home and fixed the problem.

However, he left some equipment behind.  Please contact him and have him call me.

Silver Problem Solver

@Bigag501 wrote:

The xfinity employee did come to my home and fixed the problem.

However, he left some equipment behind.  Please contact him and have him call me.

It might be faster if you call 1800comcast and report this.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

I already called them....

New Poster

My secondary box will not play Amazon Prime (it states internet connection error) and Netflix just spins. The main box plays.
Official Employee

@Bigag501

I can help get in contact with that tech so he can get his things back. Can you please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can access your account and get the tec's information? 

@Bev060452, I can help troubleshoot the issue with your secondary box. Are you using a xi6 box? If so can you try to repair the box to your modem by holding the WPS button on the modem and then on the box? This should fix the issue with secondary boxes not being able to access Amazon Prime. If not, I will need to do more troubleshooting. Send me a private message with your first and last name. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

After clicking on the name ComcastChe there is nothing that comes up that offers the opportunity for me to send you a message....You can send me a private message instead....

Frequent Visitor

A. If the Prime Video app on the main box says "internet connection error", but the Prime Video app works on the secondary little box in another room, then try unplugging the little box. Leave the little box unplugged. Then re-start the main box, and run "System Refresh". Then try the Prime Video app on the main box. You may have a connection error between the main box and the little box which is locking up the main box. If that works, then plug the little box back in, and make sure the app runs in both boxes.

B. Return and replace the main box if you have an Xfinity store near you. Or have a tech come out and swap out the main box if you don't have a store.  

Regular Visitor

Same problem with Prime Video.  Posting so I can PM

Regular Visitor

I'm have the same issue - Will PM when I can

New Poster

ComcastKen, I am having issues with my primary Xfinity box giving me the "internet connection error" when i try to play a video from Amazon Prime app. How do I get help with fixing this?
Contributor

Had same problem....Called Xfinity....They changed out the box...All works fine now....

Expert

@Bigag501 wrote:

Had same problem....Called Xfinity....They changed out the box...All works fine now....

some older hubs have issues. swap for a new Xg1v4 DVR to fix the problem or wait until firmware updates patch the older model's firmware.

New Poster

My Amazon app is also not working
New Poster

Not working
Expert

@Bowzee wrote:
My Amazon app is also not working

did you try the other set top boxes in the home? (do they work?). on the one having the problem, use the voice command 'about' and reply with the rest of the line to right of "STB version..."

Regular Visitor

IM Sent

New Poster

No prime or Netflix connectivity in master bedroom. Already went to Comcast and did exchange. Main box in living room works fine.
Silver Problem Solver

@Cme0617 wrote:
No prime or Netflix connectivity in master bedroom. Already went to Comcast and did exchange. Main box in living room works fine.

Which X1 box is that one?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Contributor

Best Answer

New Poster

@ComcastChe , you seem to be the most knowlegeable at comcast, so I'm going to bug you. Smiley Happy  I have this same problem where prime works for about 10 minutes then just dies.  Everything seems slow on my box.  I"m a returning customer after 2 years off with uverse, and I'm starting to regret switching.  Can you help?

New Poster

I have this problem.  Trailers work, but videos won't

New Poster

It’s been 4 days with internet connection error... Netflix, pandora and you tube work fine just prime video isn’t working
Silver Problem Solver

@Loisann1 wrote:
It’s been 4 days with internet connection error... Netflix, pandora and you tube work fine just prime video isn’t working

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-x1-amazon-prime-video

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Amazon-Prime-Video-on-Xfinity-X1/td-p/3124957

New Poster

I have reset the app multiple times.  Still does not work.  I think the next step is to have a repairman come out to check on the box.  Thoughts? 

Frequent Visitor

A. If the Prime Video app on the main box says "internet connection error", but the Prime Video app works on the secondary little box in another room, then try unplugging the little box. Leave the little box unplugged. Then re-start the main box, and run "System Refresh". Then try the Prime Video app on the main box. You may have a connection error between the main box and the little box which is locking up the main box. If that works, then plug the little box back in, and make sure the app runs in both boxes.
B. Return and replace the main box if you have an Xfinity store near you. Or have a tech come out and swap out the main box if you don't have a store. I had the tecj swap out the main box, and it works okay now.

New Poster

hi ken i came across your info while researching this same issue im having for the mazon prime app. it opens. and i can navigate and read about all sorts of movies...that i cant watch. as soon as i select a movie a feature...anything i want to view. i get this same internet connection issue. and there isnt one. i have th 1 gig service, which is lan to 2 desktops. and thats it. maybe 1 wifi device but our usage is free with phones, from tmobile. 

any ideas on how to fix this yet?

need to change out my equipment?

my router is reset frequently and though there is a lot of up and down on strength it still is consistantly over 500Mbps......

please help

Official Employee

Hi @Eggsinlove

I hope all is well. If you are still experiencing issues with Prime, feel free to open a new post, or send me a private message.

Regular Visitor

Amazon Prime Video App on Comcast X1 says "internet connection error".

Hello,

Whenever I try to watch amazon prime through comcast, it gives me a message about an internet connection error. I can watch everything else fine. Netflix works, youtube works. I've tried calling into comcast and having them reset the box. I've tried calling contacting amazon and they say they have nothing to do with it.

It doesn't work on my main box in the living room or the small box in my bedroom. Any ideas on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

-Mike

New Poster

I’m having the same issue
Frequent Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video App on Comcast X1 says "internet connection error".

B. Return and replace the main box if you have an Xfinity store near you. Or have a tech come out and swap out the main box if you don't have a store. I had the tech swap out the main box, and it works okay now.

Frequent Visitor

B. Return and replace the main box if you have an Xfinity store near you. Or have a tech come out and swap out the main box if you don't have a store. I had the tech swap out the main box, and it works okay now.

Official Employee

Hi @Michaeldr4263

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forum. I apologize for the experience you're having when attempting to watch Prime content from your main box. I'd like to star be sending a few signals to see f this helps, if not we can discuss swapping the box. I have your private message and will be replying shortly. 

Official Employee

bwill056, got your message. Following up shortly. 

Ken

New Poster

Having the same issue. Left comcast 5 years ago. I have it back for 2 hours and i already need tech support. Also affecting netflix. Can stream just fine on my phone.
New Poster

Last two days I noticed this issue. It affects my HBO channel consistently and the prime content almost every time.
Official Employee

Hey All, 

Happy to help here. Please send me a private message with your full name. If the connection error is happening on your DVR box, this is a known issue. I'll rule out a few things and attempt to resolve before sending this up to engineering ops. Send me a message so we can begin. Thanks. 

Ken

New Poster

I have this problem as well.  

Regular Visitor

I have the same issue of Prime not working on my xfinity box. I am not using the kid zone.

Official Employee

Hi @Michaeldr4263

I hope all is well. I wasn't able to confirm whether or not this had been resolved in our private message. If you are still having issues accessing your Amazon Prime content after swapping your box, please send me a private message and we can continue to investigate, take care.