Community Forum

Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

New Poster

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

Every since I subscribed to Amazon Prime free trial, we have been losing service continuously.. Everything.. TV, Internet, and Phone, anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 days at a time. A tech came to check, all equipment and connections are fine, and nobody seems to want to give me any honest answers, just sell me another tech visit, that cost is $40 to install a wire that he never installed! And things keep getting worse. Loss of services (completely) 6 times in the last 24 hours, and it has been out now for 12 hours straight! <br>I tried to cancel my free trial and was unable to do do on Amazon.com.. it wanted me to use my "third party" that I used to sign up with. Nowhere on the X1 Can I find info on how to cancel prime OR Netflix free trial, and our bill keeps going up. Time to switch to VIOS pretty soon!
Silver Problem Solver

@KlippFromNJ wrote:
Every since I subscribed to Amazon Prime free trial, we have been losing service continuously.. Everything.. TV, Internet, and Phone, anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 days at a time. A tech came to check, all equipment and connections are fine, and nobody seems to want to give me any honest answers, just sell me another tech visit, that cost is $40 to install a wire that he never installed! And things keep getting worse. Loss of services (completely) 6 times in the last 24 hours, and it has been out now for 12 hours straight! <br>I tried to cancel my free trial and was unable to do do on Amazon.com.. it wanted me to use my "third party" that I used to sign up with. Nowhere on the X1 Can I find info on how to cancel prime OR Netflix free trial, and our bill keeps going up. Time to switch to VIOS pretty soon!

To cancel Prime and Netflix, you have to do that on their websites.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I tried. Amazon websites tell me to use the 3rd party (Xfinity) to cancel.
What about Netflix?
We haven't had a connection most of this month... I really hope they don't charge us!
Silver Problem Solver

@KlippFromNJ wrote:
I tried. Amazon websites tell me to use the 3rd party (Xfinity) to cancel.
What about Netflix?
We haven't had a connection most of this month... I really hope they don't charge us!

I don't have Prime.  If I cancel my Netflix subscriptoin on the Netflix web site, Comcast won't be able to bill me for Netflix.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/51790

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Amazon-Prime-Video-on-Xfinity-X1/td-p/3124957

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!