Community Forum

Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

Official Employee

Re: Amazon Prime Video

What box model did you get? And it’s also possible if you have the right box it hasn’t taken an update yet.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I got the arris xg1v4.
Regular Visitor

I already have Amazon Prime and would like to know, once I sync my account with X1, will my Prime subscriptions to Acorn TV and Britbox be available through the X1 app?

Regular Contributor

Should I assume from all this that the app update is Box related and not account. I have two X1 boxes. The main one i have is an XG2v2-S. This has not got the Amazon App. My second box a smaller Pace PXD01AN1, (XiD-P), has the app.

Official Employee

Len5, Access is for Amazon Prime Video only, not other portals that Amazon Fire offers like CBS All Access, Britbox etc

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Any updates are box specific and sometimes location specific, thanks for your patience it will come

New Poster

Will Amazon shows watched through the x1 be 4k?

Official Employee

From the very first post thread, which has all the information you need. As long as you have the proper equipment...

Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.

Contributor

How do I figure out if my DVR box is compatible with the new Amazon Prime app, i.e., not RNG150 device?  I have X1, and I have the Netflix app which works, but when I click on the Amazon App it says my box is not compatible and Comcast must send me a new one.  Should I resend the signal to update the box?  I am worried if I have to switch to a newer box since I have an older plasma tv and components that are "RCA" connectors, not HDMI.

I should add the number for the DVR is PAPV00325393 - if that means anything.  From reading this thread, perhaps the app looks like it's there but it's just not available to me yet...

Tags (0)

Official Employee

If the model number starts with P,like yours, it’s Pace, if it starts with A, it’s Arris

If you need components to connect, I hate to say you’re out of luck, that’s the only DVR with component connections. You’ll have to wait til it is added sometime next year.

Contributor

So to clarify, it will eventually make it to my DVR, just not yet?

Official Employee

Correct, there’s no date, just sometime next year. I would occasionally check the apps section for when it’s added

Regular Visitor

I don't have Amazon Fire, Acorn and Britbox are Prime add-ons that I subscribe to. When I access Prime they both show-up as part of my Prime account.

Official Employee

Sorry I misunderstood, if you subscribe to the channel through Prime it should show

Watch more with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 160+ channels like SHOWTIME, STARZ, and more—no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.

Frequent Visitor

Tech support told me yesterday that Samsung boxes, model numbers that end with an "S", located on the underside of the box, are not yet compatible with the Amazon app and need a software upgrade before the app will appear as an option.  There was no firm date for the upgrade, and it may not be until January.  In my home I have 4 boxes, 2 have the app and Amazon video is up and running , 2 do not, and they are both Samsung boxes. 

Contributor

Not to beat a dead horse, but the app actually is showing up along with the Netflex app (which I already use), so would that mean it should work? 

Official Employee

As you posted earlier, the app will show but when you open it you get the compatibility message

Contributor

Okay, got it - thanks!

Regular Visitor

Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

I have an X1 DVR -- SN: <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Personal Information"> which I assume means I have a Pace box. From reading this thread, it appears that Pace boxes won't be compatible with the Amazon Prime app until next year. I know when I launched the Amazon Prime app on this box (Monday Dec 10), I received the "box isn't compatible" error with some helpful prompts to order me a new compatible box.  So I did that.

Today I received my new X1 box -- SN: <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Personal Information"> and the Amazon Prime app is not listed under my X1 apps. I know it is supposed to be starting to be pushed out to X1 boxes, but I was hoping to have the app already. 

Called tech support to see if they had any sort of ability to push the app down to my box. Of course that call was a waste of time since the agent clearly had no clue what an "app" on the X1 boxes are. She told me "the app is down and will be escalated."  Yeah sure.

1. Do I now have a compatible box?

2. Is there any way to have the Amazon Prime app manually pushed to my box?

3. If not, any ETA when I can expect the app to appear as part of the scheduled push process?

Thanks

Dave (former Comcaster of 10 years)

New Poster

I responded to the message on my TV to get a new box. Well, I see on my Xfinity app that there’s a “new” box listed with my current boxes, but not connected yet. The model number is AX014ANM. This doesn’t appear to be the XG1 box. Any info on this model number that you can give? Should I exchange it?
New Poster

Or do I actually expect to get the XG1?
Expert

@Steve1236 wrote:
I responded to the message on my TV to get a new box. Well, I see on my Xfinity app that there’s a “new” box listed with my current boxes, but not connected yet. The model number is AX014ANM. This doesn’t appear to be the XG1 box. Any info on this model number that you can give? Should I exchange it?

the xg1v4 is what you listed. up to you on if/when to swap. it is 4k capable.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

Steve1236 That’s the newest 4K DVR, you’re good

Official Employee

Re: Watch Amazon Prime

Welcome to our community, kaw3! Have you tried the steps listed here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Amazon-Prime-Video-on-Xfinity-X1/td-p/3124957

Silver Problem Solver

@swieland wrote:
Ok, I got the “prime video is now available” announcement e-mail late last week> check the app section > click prime app > get notification that box isn’t supported > follow prompts to upgrade box > receive new box yesterday > setup new box > check app section > NO prime app.

Why?

The only thing I can think of is that the box you got did not have the latest updates.  You might have to wait a few days for the update.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

FYI,  Like some otheres I have Prime on my X1v4 but NOT my XG2.  According to support the XG2 will not receive the update to allow Prime for another 2-3 weeks, around the first of the year, at least that is what support is being told.

Frequent Visitor

Amazon Prime keeps freezing and rebooting

I just installed a new DVR box to be able to access Amazon Prime via Comcast. The app freezes multiple times and the box reboots. I have called Comcast Support and have tried the usual fixes, unplug, resend new signal, etc. The problem then started to occur watching Netflix and regular TV channels. I don’t have a problem with Prime Or Netflix going through my Samsung TV. 

I did remove the Power Saver option on the box today and regular TV was working fine. Tried Prime, freeze and reboot happened twice. Using Samsung for Prime is working perfect.

Before new box to access Prime, I never had any of these problems!!!

Any help would be well appreciated.

New Poster

X1 & Amazon Video

I can see the Amazon Video App but when I click on it I get this message:

Amazon Video is coming soon to Xfinity.

Look for an X1 notification to know when you can start watching.

I have a second X1 box which provides us access to Amazon Prime. 

Why one box but not the other? Do I need to restart the box (unplug them plug back in to power?)

Please advise.

Thx

Tags (2)
Official Employee

Re: X1 & Amazon Video

Nothing more than that box hasn’t taken the update yet. What’s the model?

New Poster

It's an XG2v2-5

Official Employee

It looks like a few people have posted about that model not taking the update yet

Frequent Visitor

So I have the Prime Video working on my system.  I have a PX001ANM DVR in my bedroom and a PX032ANI in the living room.  My living room TV is 4K, but it doesn't look like I'm getting a 4K signal  when I use the app through xfinity.  If I use the built in app on the tv, I get 4K and HDR.  Do I need to update my main box and/or smaller box?

If I need new boxes, is there any way to extract saved programs on the DVR?  I've read the last 60 hours are in the cloud, but I have some older shows that my son and I watch regularly.  I see a USB port in the front.  Could I hook up an external harddrive, or is that port only for servicing?  Thanks.

Official Employee

Yes, you will either need to swap the DVR and move it to the 4K tv or get a hold of an Xi6 (tech install only) to swap out the XiD. Some markets limit Xi6 installs to new customers only but YMMV. If you swap out the DVR there’s no saving recordings on an external device.

Frequent Visitor

So if I move the DVR box to the 4K tv it should work?
Official Employee

Yes, if the DVR is the 4K DVR

Frequent Visitor

Just to be clear is the PX032ANI dvr a 4K box? Thanks
Official Employee

No it’s not, it’s an XiD secondary box, it has access to the DVR. Again you need to either upgrade your present DVR to a 4K DVR (and lose your older recordings) or see if you can get a hold of an Xi6 to replace the XiD. But presently those are for new customers but some markets are different, so you may not have a choice but to swap the DVR out.

Frequent Visitor

Okay.  Thank you.

New Poster

We have 4k DVR boxes and the app is not available on them. It is available on the non on 4k box we have. When will it be available on the 4k DVR?
Official Employee

Re: Amazon Prime keeps freezing and rebooting

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums, I would be happy to look at your account from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

Frequent Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime keeps freezing and rebooting

No need for further help, swapped box at Comcast Service Center and problem has gone away. Person at Center gave me a box he thought was better. This box also has a different remote then previous box.

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Last weekend I watched Prime on my mother's Analog tv. Today, I'm getting an error message on my HDTV that my box isn't compatible. Because of having analog audio I don't have the HDMI cables connected, but my X1 box is an upgrade from my mother's, so why would I need to update my equipment? I'm just curious, because I can watch on my Xbox just fine so it's more of an annoyance than a problem.
Official Employee

If you’re getting that message than your equipment isn’t an upgrade from your mother’s. The pace DVR is the oldest and won’t see the app til sometime 2019

Frequent Visitor

We live in the same house. Her television is analog, and the X1 box in her room has analog outputs. My X1 box has both, because I have Analog sound, so I use the RGB cables that also have audio (5 plug analog. My mother's is 3.) I had to go and get my box from the office in another town because they only had one.

Regardless, I watched Prime on her analog TV, so why am I getting a message that I need to switch to an HDMI box when that's clearly not the case?
Official Employee

The type of tv has nothing to do with it, it’s the model of equipment and like I posted above you can either wait for sometime in 2019 to get the app or swap it for another DVR that has analog audio and HDMI. You never said what equipment your mother has.

Frequent Visitor

That's because I don't want to crawl behind her entertainment center to look.

Never mind. One more reason Comcast is worthless.
Official Employee

Sorry, you feel that way. But it boils down to is that you need to upgrade your dvr if you want the Amazon app.

Frequent Visitor

I got the XG1-A. It has the X15 remote. Amazon  has worked fine since I installed this box.

Contributor

UPDATE:  My XG2 received the Prime App on Monday and is working fine.   Much earlier than promised by Support last week!

@Ntsc358 wrote:

FYI,  Like some otheres I have Prime on my X1v4 but NOT my XG2.  According to support the XG2 will not receive the update to allow Prime for another 2-3 weeks, around the first of the year, at least that is what support is being told.