Community Forum

Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

New Poster

Re: Amazon Prime Video to come to Xfinity X1

Is there a date when Amazon Prime will be available on Xfinity?

Official Employee

There is, it just hasn’t been publicly announced yet.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

still waiting, patiently.

Official Employee

Appreciate it, coming soon

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Good thing I haven't been holding my breath. This clearly isn't happening anytime soon. You announce something and don't deliver for 6 months. Seriously? That's terrible.

Official Employee

It’s been 2 months since the announcement

Official Employee

The Amazon Prime Video app is expected to launch on X1 later in 2018. At this time, no additional information is available regarding this service. More information will be released when the service launches.

New Poster

My TV supports Chromecast so I should already be able to watch Prime, but the connection is temperamental and not worth the aggravation. When will Prime be available as an app on Xfinity X1?
Official Employee

Amazon Prime Video app is expected to launch on X1 later in 2018.

New Poster

Amazon Prime on Xfinity: Just tell us...

...if it's happening THIS YEAR (2018), guys, and we'll lay off. I just need to know! Smiley Happy

Official Employee

Re: Amazon Prime on Xfinity: Just tell us...

Coming soon. Be patient

Contributor

Not that I want to have it removed from my box for pointing it out, but I had an XI5 installed about a week ago and it has the Prime app installed and running...

Expert

@commodore_dude wrote:

Not that I want to have it removed from my box for pointing it out, but I had an XI5 installed about a week ago and it has the Prime app installed and running...

what line is it listed under the applications menu? use voice control "about" what xre version and STB version?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Prime Video date?

So, November is almost over. Any date yet? Almost 4 months since the announcement....
Official Employee

Re: Prime Video date?

Sorry no not yet

New Poster

Thanks for quick response. Are we still looking at 2018?

I know everyone is bugging you guys about it, but with holidays coming, Apple TV and other devices on sale, trying to plan gifts. Thanks.
Frequent Visitor

So, when you say 'prime video' into the voice remote, it brings up a splash screen for the app with a message that says:

"Prime Video is coming soon to your X1 box.  Look for an X1 notification to know when you can start watching.  Press "Exit" to return to X1."

Got a promo email on 11/19 from xfinity, so it should be within a month of that I would hope (otherwise the direct marketing is a little loose on usage of the word 'soon').

I am also interested to know if Xfinity is still planning to add 'Movies Anywhere' as an app like Netflix and Prime Video.  I have lots of movies I purchased on Amazon or Google Play or Disney, etc over the years, that would be easier to call up and watch instead of having to use the chromecast (which is not that big of deal either, but grandparents and baby sitters tend to prefer a one button/voice instead of two or three).

Regular Visitor

Amazon Prime Video and Updated Box

We are very excited to have Amazon Prime Video now. When we tried to link our account, it did not work on our main X1 box. It said we need to update our box to a new compatible box.  On our smaller x1 boxes, it worked just fine.

Is this a bug that will be worked out or do we really need to get a new box to run Prime Video?

Thanks!

New Poster

Amazon Prime Video

Why does the Amazon prime app only show up on my TV in the living room, but not on the TV in bedroom?
Official Employee

Re: Amazon Prime Video

Boxes take updates at different times. If your bedroom box is a RNG150 (you didn’t give the model) it’s not going to show

New Poster

The box in my bedroom is model SX022ANC. Will I get the update? Thanks.
Official Employee

Yes all X1 boxes except for the RNG150 will eventually have access to Amazon Prime App

Expert

Re: Amazon Prime Video and Updated Box

@drahn wrote:

We are very excited to have Amazon Prime Video now. When we tried to link our account, it did not work on our main X1 box. It said we need to update our box to a new compatible box.  On our smaller x1 boxes, it worked just fine.

Is this a bug that will be worked out or do we really need to get a new box to run Prime Video?

Thanks!

If you have the old RNG150N box, you'll need to swap it out for the newer models as the RNG150N does not support internet apps.

If you have a 4k TV you can also opt for the new XG1v4 box that's 4k capable. 

You can post in this thread to request the XG1V4. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the help. All of my other apps work: Netflix, Pandora, etc.

Any other thoughts?

Official Employee

What’s the model of the box with the issue?

Regular Visitor

@ComcastAndrew wrote:
What’s the model of the box with the issue?

PX001ANM  is the model number. Is this the number to look for?

Official Employee

That’s a Pace DVR, I haven’t heard of issues with that and Amazon Prime but it’s a first generation X1 DVR and regardless could be updated to a better version.

Official Employee

A little additional research and the Pace DVR will not have access until sometime 2019.

From the attached link
To access the Prime Video app on X1, you will need:
A subscription to Xfinity Internet.
A compatible X1 TV Box (RNG150 devices are not eligible for Prime Video on X1. Pace XG1v1 devices are temporarily not eligible, but will be in 2019).

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Amazon-Prime-Video-on-Xfinity-X1/m-p/3124957#M153186

Regular Visitor

@ComcastAndrew wrote:
A little additional research and the Pace DVR will not have access until sometime 2019.

From the attached link
To access the Prime Video app on X1, you will need:
A subscription to Xfinity Internet.
A compatible X1 TV Box (RNG150 devices are not eligible for Prime Video on X1. Pace XG1v1 devices are temporarily not eligible, but will be in 2019).

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Amazon-Prime-Video-on-Xfinity-X1/m-p/3124957#M153186

Great!  Thanks!

Contributor

I'm in the Atlanta area and the app is working great for me so far.  Box model # PX013ANM.

Official Employee

As it should, you have a Pace XG1V3, the poster above has V1

Contributor

Working great on my 4k boxes and all my satellite boxes in Wilmington Delaware.
Regular Contributor

I have 5  boxes and the Prime video app showed up on 4 of them..the exception is an XG2V2-S

Thought it would appear  after last night's update, but it didn't. The other apps are there on this box and work fine.    Is there a problem?

Official Employee

Be patient, it will come

Official Employee

You should see it now, say “Amazon Prime” with voice commands. If you don’t see it your box hasn’t updated yet

Frequent Visitor

I now have Prime Video on my X1 box. It's very nice to have - especially since my wii box is going to discontinue supporting Amazon Prime. The new App does seem to have some bugs. I could not browse through the various episodes of S1 - The Amazing Mrs. Maizel. Not exactly sure whats going on but when I hit enter on the episodes button, I got no response at all. So there's still some work to do but thanks for releasing it.

Regards,

Steve

New Poster

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

The msg states I need a new box to receive the Prime app, even though it shows up under Apps. It also states that I may lose my DVR'd shows. What I don't understand is how that is possible, if the DVR shows are supposed to be in the "Cloud" and not on the box itself. I need a confirmation if this is true or not before ordering a new box - FYI I am able to view and receive NetFlix and Pandora Apps on the box - thank you

Silver Problem Solver

@sframtdr wrote:

The msg states I need a new box to receive the Prime app, even though it shows up under Apps. It also states that I may lose my DVR'd shows. What I don't understand is how that is possible, if the DVR shows are supposed to be in the "Cloud" and not on the box itself. I need a confirmation if this is true or not before ordering a new box - FYI I am able to view and receive NetFlix and Pandora Apps on the box - thank you

My guess is that your X1 box doesn't have the firmware that supports Amazon Prime (yet).

What is the make and model of your box?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Sframdtr, if you happen to have a Pace V1 DVR it does not have the capability and won’t until sometime in 2019.
The cloud is not a mirror of your dvr, it only holds the last 60 hours of recordings. If you swap the DVR, anything past those 60 hours will be lost. You’ll have decide which is more important to you, Amazon Prime access or your recordings.

New Poster

Model PX001ANM - So if I have 60 hours of DVR shows in the cloud, what you're saying is I won't lose them correct, those 60 hours - anything beyond I'd lose - thx

New Poster

Watch Amazon Prime

Tried to access an Amazon Prime tv program this afternoon and kept getting a message that need to register device. When clicked ok, it took back to the movie icon which when clicked on gave register device message again. Not sure what is needed to register device.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Watch Amazon Prime

@kaw3 wrote:

Tried to access an Amazon Prime tv program this afternoon and kept getting a message that need to register device. When clicked ok, it took back to the movie icon which when clicked on gave register device message again. Not sure what is needed to register device.

Are you paying for the service through Amazon?  You have to have that, just like Netflix, etc.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I dont have prime and I don't want prime, but every time i try to access On Demand, it forces me to go to Prime. How do I uae my normal On Demand service without Prime?
Expert

@Mtiller2010 wrote:
I dont have prime and I don't want prime, but every time i try to access On Demand, it forces me to go to Prime. How do I uae my normal On Demand service without Prime?

set filter to 'free to me' might fix that.

Official Employee

_________
How are you accessing your normal On Demand? Can you provide a pic of what you see?

New Poster

I'm having the same issue with my PAce box not working. I'd like to get a new box , but don't just want Xfinity to send any old box. What's the newest and best box available?

Official Employee

Go to this thread and follow instructions to get the latest DVR
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/td-p/2987898