Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

Regular Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video to come to Xfinity X1

Oh okay.

Thanks for the quick reply.
M.Blakeslee
Official Employee

Check out this thread every couple of weeks, when the time comes it will be announced this thread will get updated

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Is there a date when Amazon Prime will be available on Xfinity?

Official Employee

There is, it just hasn’t been publicly announced yet.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

still waiting, patiently.

Official Employee

Appreciate it, coming soon

New Poster

Good thing I haven't been holding my breath. This clearly isn't happening anytime soon. You announce something and don't deliver for 6 months. Seriously? That's terrible.

Official Employee

It’s been 2 months since the announcement

Bronze Problem Solver

The Amazon Prime Video app is expected to launch on X1 later in 2018. At this time, no additional information is available regarding this service. More information will be released when the service launches.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

My TV supports Chromecast so I should already be able to watch Prime, but the connection is temperamental and not worth the aggravation. When will Prime be available as an app on Xfinity X1?
Bronze Problem Solver

Amazon Prime Video app is expected to launch on X1 later in 2018.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Amazon Prime on Xfinity: Just tell us...

...if it's happening THIS YEAR (2018), guys, and we'll lay off. I just need to know! Smiley Happy

Official Employee

Re: Amazon Prime on Xfinity: Just tell us...

Coming soon. Be patient

Contributor

Not that I want to have it removed from my box for pointing it out, but I had an XI5 installed about a week ago and it has the Prime app installed and running...

Expert

@commodore_dude wrote:

Not that I want to have it removed from my box for pointing it out, but I had an XI5 installed about a week ago and it has the Prime app installed and running...

what line is it listed under the applications menu? use voice control "about" what xre version and STB version?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Re: amazon prime video

Has a release date for prime video app been announced yet?

Official Employee

Nope

New Poster

Amazon Prime

I read that Comcast made a deal and was going to start having Amazon Prime on their apps starting October 2018.   Anybody know what's up with that?

Official Employee

Re: Amazon Prime

Date hasn’t been released yet

Bronze Problem Solver

Hello and thank you for using the Forums for your question. At this time, the Amazon Prime is slated for the end of 2018. 

Bronze Problem Solver

lisasanders -- Going off the information we have, it could be the latter part of 2018. 

Contributor

Just got an xfinity email saying it's coming....just not when.

New Poster

Explain this........we had been watching Amazon Prime Video on our television. That is, until one day out of the blue, we were not able to access it. The icon for Amazon is still there and everything else functions just fine. Can anyone offer a legitimate explanation because nobody at Comcast was able to  offer anything. I went through a very time consuming process with a Comcast representative with resets, more resets, etc., etc. without success. It is very peculiar to have been watching Amazon regularly and then read that it is going to be released in the future. I repeat, we had been watching it already. Thanks for any enlightenment.

Silver Problem Solver

@SeabeeAvenue wrote:

Explain this........we had been watching Amazon Prime Video on our television. That is, until one day out of the blue, we were not able to access it. The icon for Amazon is still there and everything else functions just fine. Can anyone offer a legitimate explanation because nobody at Comcast was able to  offer anything. I went through a very time consuming process with a Comcast representative with resets, more resets, etc., etc. without success. It is very peculiar to have been watching Amazon regularly and then read that it is going to be released in the future. I repeat, we had been watching it already. Thanks for any enlightenment.

Does your TV have the Amazon Prime app?  You might have an issue with your Am azon account.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Prime Video date?

So, November is almost over. Any date yet? Almost 4 months since the announcement....
Official Employee

Re: Prime Video date?

Sorry no not yet

New Poster

Thanks for quick response. Are we still looking at 2018?

I know everyone is bugging you guys about it, but with holidays coming, Apple TV and other devices on sale, trying to plan gifts. Thanks.
Frequent Visitor

So, when you say 'prime video' into the voice remote, it brings up a splash screen for the app with a message that says:

"Prime Video is coming soon to your X1 box.  Look for an X1 notification to know when you can start watching.  Press "Exit" to return to X1."

Got a promo email on 11/19 from xfinity, so it should be within a month of that I would hope (otherwise the direct marketing is a little loose on usage of the word 'soon').

I am also interested to know if Xfinity is still planning to add 'Movies Anywhere' as an app like Netflix and Prime Video.  I have lots of movies I purchased on Amazon or Google Play or Disney, etc over the years, that would be easier to call up and watch instead of having to use the chromecast (which is not that big of deal either, but grandparents and baby sitters tend to prefer a one button/voice instead of two or three).

New Poster

This is more than likely an issue with your television, not Comcast. Your TV has the App, not the Xfinity box. I had the same issue on a Vizio TV, which for a few years I could watch Prime. It stopped working for roughly 6-7 months, then worked again.

New Poster

I am a prime customer on Amazon.  Why can't I get Prime Video on my TV?  I have Xfinity .

New Poster

Any idea when?

Expert

@wegowandering wrote:

I am a prime customer on Amazon.  Why can't I get Prime Video on my TV?  I have Xfinity . 

if you have a chromecast device, a fire tv device, a roku device then yes. some TVs have the Amazon Prime Video app too.  Xfinity announced that in the future there will be an X1 device app. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Visitor

Amazon Prime Video and Updated Box

We are very excited to have Amazon Prime Video now. When we tried to link our account, it did not work on our main X1 box. It said we need to update our box to a new compatible box.  On our smaller x1 boxes, it worked just fine.

Is this a bug that will be worked out or do we really need to get a new box to run Prime Video?

Thanks!

New Poster

Amazon Prime Video

Why does the Amazon prime app only show up on my TV in the living room, but not on the TV in bedroom?
Official Employee

Re: Amazon Prime Video

Boxes take updates at different times. If your bedroom box is a RNG150 (you didn’t give the model) it’s not going to show

Contributor

Amazon Prime appears to be launched and active on X1 boxes! Finally!

New Poster

The box in my bedroom is model SX022ANC. Will I get the update? Thanks.
Official Employee

Yes all X1 boxes except for the RNG150 will eventually have access to Amazon Prime App

Expert

Re: Amazon Prime Video and Updated Box

@drahn wrote:

We are very excited to have Amazon Prime Video now. When we tried to link our account, it did not work on our main X1 box. It said we need to update our box to a new compatible box.  On our smaller x1 boxes, it worked just fine.

Is this a bug that will be worked out or do we really need to get a new box to run Prime Video?

Thanks!

If you have the old RNG150N box, you'll need to swap it out for the newer models as the RNG150N does not support internet apps.

If you have a 4k TV you can also opt for the new XG1v4 box that's 4k capable. 

You can post in this thread to request the XG1V4. 

Regular Visitor

Thanks for the help. All of my other apps work: Netflix, Pandora, etc.

Any other thoughts?

Official Employee

What’s the model of the box with the issue?

Regular Visitor

@ComcastAndrew wrote:
What’s the model of the box with the issue?

PX001ANM  is the model number. Is this the number to look for?

Official Employee

That’s a Pace DVR, I haven’t heard of issues with that and Amazon Prime but it’s a first generation X1 DVR and regardless could be updated to a better version.

Official Employee

A little additional research and the Pace DVR will not have access until sometime 2019.

From the attached link
To access the Prime Video app on X1, you will need:
A subscription to Xfinity Internet.
A compatible X1 TV Box (RNG150 devices are not eligible for Prime Video on X1. Pace XG1v1 devices are temporarily not eligible, but will be in 2019).

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Amazon-Prime-Video-on-Xfinity-X1/m-p/3124957#M153186

Regular Visitor

@ComcastAndrew wrote:
A little additional research and the Pace DVR will not have access until sometime 2019.

From the attached link
To access the Prime Video app on X1, you will need:
A subscription to Xfinity Internet.
A compatible X1 TV Box (RNG150 devices are not eligible for Prime Video on X1. Pace XG1v1 devices are temporarily not eligible, but will be in 2019).

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Amazon-Prime-Video-on-Xfinity-X1/m-p/3124957#M153186

Great!  Thanks!

Contributor

I'm in the Atlanta area and the app is working great for me so far.  Box model # PX013ANM.

Official Employee

As it should, you have a Pace XG1V3, the poster above has V1

Contributor

Working great on my 4k boxes and all my satellite boxes in Wilmington Delaware.
Regular Contributor

I have 5  boxes and the Prime video app showed up on 4 of them..the exception is an XG2V2-S

Thought it would appear  after last night's update, but it didn't. The other apps are there on this box and work fine.    Is there a problem?

Official Employee

Be patient, it will come