Community Forum

Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

New Poster

Amazon Prime App on X1 says internet connection error

I have been having the same problem that many others in the recent thread below have already detailed. 

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Amazon-prime-app-on-x1-says-internet-connection-error/m-p/3225811

When using the Amazon Prime app through the X1, it continually looses connection. (X1 is connected via LAN cable, not WiFi) I've tried running a speedtest from my PC (also on LAN) when this comes up, and by bandwidth looks great!

ComcastChe indicated I could add my name to the open investigation, but the thread has been closed, and I have no way to PM them. 

Can anyone on the Comast staff help get me added?

Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: X1 Box -Amazon Prime will not work.-Get Black screen when starting a video.

Hello kml2000ga, I am curious as well, have you tried a 'system refresh' as suggested by RobertWy?  

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Several times - both myself and while on the phone with support 

@ComcastPhill wrote:

Hello kml2000ga, I am curious as well, have you tried a 'system refresh' as suggested by RobertWy?  

Thank you 

Karen
Official Employee

Greetings, kml2000ga! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear you are still running into this issue. I would like to look further into this. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

Re: Amazon Prime App on X1 says internet connection error

@KVictor wrote:

I have been having the same problem that many others in the recent thread below have already detailed. 

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Amazon-prime-app-on-x1-says-internet-connection-error/m-p/3225811

When using the Amazon Prime app through the X1, it continually looses connection. (X1 is connected via LAN cable, not WiFi) I've tried running a speedtest from my PC (also on LAN) when this comes up, and by bandwidth looks great!

ComcastChe indicated I could add my name to the open investigation, but the thread has been closed, and I have no way to PM them. 

Can anyone on the Comast staff help get me added?

Thanks!

Why is your X1 cable box connected to the LAN at all? The ethernet connector on the X1 is not meant to be used - the X1 has its own internet connection and does not need to be wired to your home network. 

Unless you're referring to either an Xi5 or Xi6 wireless box? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I sent you a message.
Karen
Official Employee

Thank you, kml2000ga. I have received and replied to your PM. I look forward to hearing from you.

Frequent Visitor

Sorry -  it does have 3.7 - here is the line

PX022AN_3.7p2s1_PROD_sey

Karen
Frequent Visitor

OH MY......

I tried it after I checked that code and it loaded a movie from Prime.

IT WORKS

Karen
Official Employee

Re: Amazon Prime app on x1 says internet connection error

Hi @rskattum

I hope all is well. I haven't heard back from you to confirm whether or not you're still having issues with Amazon Prime. This thread will be locked soon, but, if you are still having issues, please just message me in the private message we have open and I'd be happy to continue assisting you. Smiley Happy 

Frequent Visitor

ComcastChe,

Thanks for the continued follow-up. I checked this weekend and this motning and Amazon Prime appears to be working on the X1 box without giving an Internet Connection error at this point.

I truly appreciate your assistance in getting this resolved.

Official Employee

@rskattum

Thanks for letting me know! I'm happy this has been resolved. I will go ahead and close this thread now if you are having any more issues in the future, feel free to contact us. We'd be happy to help. Thanks for being a loyal customer, take care! 

Official Employee

Re: Amazon Prime App on X1 says internet connection error

Hi there, KVictor. 

I wanted to follow up with you to make sure everything is working properly for you.

Have you tried it without the LAN cable?