Community Forum

Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

Regular Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

I read that and it doesn't really tell me what I want to know. How much per month?

Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

Amazon Prime is $119 a year (plus sales tax) billed by Amazon. That includes many other Amazon features such as free 2 day shipping. There is no Comcast charge unless you go iover the 1 terabyte a month usage which is rare.

Regular Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1


@denmarks43 wrote:

Amazon Prime is $119 a year (plus sales tax) billed by Amazon. That includes many other Amazon features such as free 2 day shipping. There is no Comcast charge unless you go iover the 1 terabyte a month usage which is rare.


Thanks. Do you know if you pay the yearly fee up front or is it a monthly bill?

Official Employee

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202213110

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

Starting May 11, 2018, new members will be charged $119/year for an annual Prime membership and $59/year for an annual Prime Student membership.

Starting June 16, 2018, existing Prime members with an annual membership will renew at a rate of $119/year. Prime Student members with an annual membership will renew at a rate of $59/year.

Monthly Prime members continue to pay $12.99 per month. Monthly Prime Student members continue to pay $6.49 per month.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

None whatsoever. Still having internet connection error trying to watch Amazon programming.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

Anyone figure this issue out yet?
Frequent Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1
@Withrockb wrote:
I'm having the same issue. Netflix, and Youtube work. Amazon Prime says internet connection error.
Was the first post in this thread any help?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.


Still not fixed.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

Our box does not show the "Sign in" option, but only offers "Join."

How do we get it to offer the "Sign in" option?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

Solved this problem of no "sign in" option by going to the app (Prime) settings in the Xfinity box, then "deregistered" account.  (Apparently another family member had signed up the incorrect acct.)

Once the incorrect account was deregistered from the device, the "Sign in" option did appear.

Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

Andrew,
Thank you for the time and support you are providing all of us. Well, here’s my weird situation. I have a Pace XG1-P DVR box and a companion box.
The Pace DVR box has the Prime app there, but when you try to open it, it says to wait until a notification comes or words to that effect. The companion box both has the Prime app and it is working on that companion box.
Here’s the really weird part. The Comcast phone tech says that although the DVR box serial numbers match, she reports seeing a totally different box in her view. Not even a DVR. Says that it reports to her as not compatible, but again, she has the wrong box listed. She thinks that it was never coded correctly or some other bizarre reason. Also states that since a tech is coming out next week to do the 1 gig update, the installer will be able to somehow figure out what is going on, from my house.
I’ve had the Pace for 2-3 years. I want to keep using component cables. The Netflix, YouTube, other apps work fine on both. Again, the PACE DVR doesn’t say incompatible, just to wait for a notification. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
Steve K.
Expert

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1


@stevenk734 wrote:
Andrew,
Thank you for the time and support you are providing all of us. Well, here’s my weird situation. I have a Pace XG1-P DVR box and a companion box.
The Pace DVR box has the Prime app there, but when you try to open it, it says to wait until a notification comes or words to that effect. The companion box both has the Prime app and it is working on that companion box.
Here’s the really weird part. The Comcast phone tech says that although the DVR box serial numbers match, she reports seeing a totally different box in her view. Not even a DVR. Says that it reports to her as not compatible, but again, she has the wrong box listed. She thinks that it was never coded correctly or some other bizarre reason. Also states that since a tech is coming out next week to do the 1 gig update, the installer will be able to somehow figure out what is going on, from my house.
I’ve had the Pace for 2-3 years. I want to keep using component cables. The Netflix, YouTube, other apps work fine on both. Again, the PACE DVR doesn’t say incompatible, just to wait for a notification. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
Steve K.

The pace xg1 ver 1 DVR was announced as not being capable until a future (no date given) upgrade is performed.  Does your device not support HDMI connection?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

Thanks for that update. I appreciate it.
Let’s just say that, for now, I prefer component cables. I already get prime on my Roku player so I can wait.
If, however, there is another x1 compatible component cable box available, that would get prime quicker, I’m open to any suggestions, model numbers that I could call local stores or order from Xfinity.
Thanks in advance
Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

Bill,
What did you like about the post?
Just curious. I tend to use component cables under certain conditions. I believe that HDMI has certain types of restrictions that are not talked about. In the case if this particular setup of mine, it’s better for my surround system and other uses. I hope one Of the comcast techs on this forum can recommend another component box that fits my needs, if it comes to it. As I mentioned, I get prime on my companion box and my Roku and it looks like this box Is compatible, as the icon is there and awaiting by notification, so we’ll see. These nice folks, like comcast Andrew and the volunteers, are far more knowledgeable than most of the very well meaning phone techs.
The problem, according to a tech I spoke to, is just Its not a serious enough issur to write an upper level tech ticket. I’m cool with that. I can wait. Andrew or someone else confirmed my suspicions that it would come along, at some point. So, no need the hassle it further.
I’ve been a 35 year customer a one hone, 18 year s at my second home. I think the techs try hard and I don’t understand why everyone complains about them. This stuff is complicated. Not every tech is a genius, but they try hard.
New Poster

Re: Amazon Prime Video to come to Xfinity X1

is there any instructions on how to use the xfinity remote to operate prime

Official Employee

Re: Amazon Prime Video to come to Xfinity X1

is there any instructions on how to use the xfinity remote to operate prime
_________
There’s pretty good instructions in this thread’s very first post.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1


@stevenk734 wrote:
Bill,
What did you like about the post?
Just curious. I tend to use component cables under certain conditions. I believe that HDMI has certain types of restrictions that are not talked about. In the case if this particular setup of mine, it’s better for my surround system and other uses. I hope one Of the comcast techs on this forum can recommend another component box that fits my needs, if it comes to it. As I mentioned, I get prime on my companion box and my Roku and it looks like this box Is compatible, as the icon is there and awaiting by notification, so we’ll see. These nice folks, like comcast Andrew and the volunteers, are far more knowledgeable than most of the very well meaning phone techs.
The problem, according to a tech I spoke to, is just Its not a serious enough issur to write an upper level tech ticket. I’m cool with that. I can wait. Andrew or someone else confirmed my suspicions that it would come along, at some point. So, no need the hassle it further.
I’ve been a 35 year customer a one hone, 18 year s at my second home. I think the techs try hard and I don’t understand why everyone complains about them. This stuff is complicated. Not every tech is a genius, but they try hard.

I am all about being able to use any and every possible cable connection.

 

I used to have a box with component out, simply to be able to offload the DVR content to computer for burning blu-ray discs, i could not do that with HDMI (copy restrictions)

 

then I found out if you use a regular HDMI splitter, that restriction is gone

 

since that component cable box could not pause, or do voice remote, I swapped it out for a regular box....but I sympathize with your cause

New Poster

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

Every since I subscribed to Amazon Prime free trial, we have been losing service continuously.. Everything.. TV, Internet, and Phone, anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 days at a time. A tech came to check, all equipment and connections are fine, and nobody seems to want to give me any honest answers, just sell me another tech visit, that cost is $40 to install a wire that he never installed! And things keep getting worse. Loss of services (completely) 6 times in the last 24 hours, and it has been out now for 12 hours straight! <br>I tried to cancel my free trial and was unable to do do on Amazon.com.. it wanted me to use my "third party" that I used to sign up with. Nowhere on the X1 Can I find info on how to cancel prime OR Netflix free trial, and our bill keeps going up. Time to switch to VIOS pretty soon!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1


@KlippFromNJ wrote:
Every since I subscribed to Amazon Prime free trial, we have been losing service continuously.. Everything.. TV, Internet, and Phone, anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 days at a time. A tech came to check, all equipment and connections are fine, and nobody seems to want to give me any honest answers, just sell me another tech visit, that cost is $40 to install a wire that he never installed! And things keep getting worse. Loss of services (completely) 6 times in the last 24 hours, and it has been out now for 12 hours straight! <br>I tried to cancel my free trial and was unable to do do on Amazon.com.. it wanted me to use my "third party" that I used to sign up with. Nowhere on the X1 Can I find info on how to cancel prime OR Netflix free trial, and our bill keeps going up. Time to switch to VIOS pretty soon!

To cancel Prime and Netflix, you have to do that on their websites.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

I tried. Amazon websites tell me to use the 3rd party (Xfinity) to cancel.
What about Netflix?
We haven't had a connection most of this month... I really hope they don't charge us!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1


@KlippFromNJ wrote:
I tried. Amazon websites tell me to use the 3rd party (Xfinity) to cancel.
What about Netflix?
We haven't had a connection most of this month... I really hope they don't charge us!

I don't have Prime.  If I cancel my Netflix subscriptoin on the Netflix web site, Comcast won't be able to bill me for Netflix.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/51790

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Amazon-Prime-Video-on-Xfinity-X1/td-p/3124957

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

amazon prime account

how do i add my amazon account to my tv

 

Official Employee

Re: amazon prime account

If you’re referring to an X1 box
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Amazon-Prime-Video-on-Xfinity-X1/td-p/3124957

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Amazon Prime

I am an Amazon Prime member but I cannot activate it to watch on TV.   I have the apps on my ipad and iphone but cannot figure how to stream it on TV.

Official Employee

Re: Amazon Prime

Do you have an X1 box? Or how are you trying to access it?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Amazon Prime

I have an X1 box.  When I click on the Prime Video app it says to log into Prime and enter the shown code.  There is no way to do that with my remote or TV.

Expert

Re: Amazon Prime


@dfancera wrote:

I have an X1 box.  When I click on the Prime Video app it says to log into Prime and enter the shown code.  There is no way to do that with my remote or TV.


the screen gives you a web site address to go to where you can log in and authorize the device. 



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Amazon Prime Video to come to Xfinity X1


@billmich88888 wrote:

For all the bashing that comcast/Xfinity take, this is something VERY cool

 

So how much is a subscription to Prime video nowadays?


 

Official Employee

Re: Amazon Prime Video to come to Xfinity X1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202213110

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

OK, I have an Xfinity X1 box, I have a prime account on Amazon, I enter the code in my Amazon account and it says I have successfully added the device... except I haven't.  The Xfinity box never shows up on my device list in Amazon and the code screen that says it will automatically update doesn't.  So where do I go from here?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1


@Arielphf wrote:

OK, I have an Xfinity X1 box, I have a prime account on Amazon, I enter the code in my Amazon account and it says I have successfully added the device... except I haven't.  The Xfinity box never shows up on my device list in Amazon and the code screen that says it will automatically update doesn't.  So where do I go from here?


https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Amazon-Prime-Video-on-Xfinity-X1/td-p/3124957

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-x1-amazon-prime-video

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

That link is to a description of how it 'should' work, not options when it doesn't. Have you any other suggestions?
Official Employee

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

Arielphf, thank you for reaching out to us here on the forums. I'm sorry, I'm a little confused about the issue. Are you able to see the Prime app on your X1 box?


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

Yes, I can see the app and when I go into it and try to connect to it, I get to the page where it gives me a code to type into the 'mytv' page on Amazon. When I enter the code into Amazon's page, it tells me I have successfully added the device BUT the window on the Xfinity app that says 'this page will automatically update...' doesn't, and the Xfinity box never shows up as a device on my Amazon account.

We've done what it tells us to do, but there is obviously a communications breakdown somewhere along the line.

For the record, I called Comcast/Xfinity to see if maybe our model of box wasn't compatible but they assure me it is. I am left at a loss.

Official Employee

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

Got it! Thank you so much for clarifying. Let's take a look at this a little further together. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name to get started? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Amazon Prime app on x1 says internet connection error

I am having the same problem as others have mentioned. The Amazon Prime app on my main x1 box will load Amazon Prime and show available offerings, but when I try to play/resume an offering, I get the dreaded "internet connection error -- please try again or check out the Comcast/Amazon Prime video help page". Amazon Prime works fine on my Sony Smart TV, it also works on my iPad Air. In addition, Netflix works correctly on the x1 box.

I have seen responses that this is a known issue that Comcast is working on -- please add me to the kist of customers who pay a lot for Comcast services and would like to be notified when this is fixed.

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

X1 Box -Amazon Prime will not work.-Get Black screen when starting a video.

sign up yesterday for Amazon prine and my video will play on mysmartphone and pc . Netfliks works on the X1. Talked to comcast and reset box and modem that didn't help....

Expert

Re: X1 Box -Amazon Prime will not work.-Get Black screen when starting a video.


@clangx1 wrote:

sign up yesterday for Amazon prine and my video will play on mysmartphone and pc . Netfliks works on the X1. Talked to comcast and reset box and modem that didn't help....


use the voice remote "about". what is the line to right of STB version?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Box -Amazon Prime will not work.-Get Black screen when starting a video.

sx0022an_36p6s1_prod_sey

 

 

 

 

-

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Box -Amazon Prime will not work.-Get Black screen when starting a video.

I just replaced the box and still getting the same issue.

Official Employee

Re: Amazon Prime app on x1 says internet connection error

Hi @rskattum

 

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forums. Sorry for the experience you're having when attempting to access Prime content. I'd be happy to help by having your account linked to the investigation that is currently open related to this. Can you please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can pull up your account? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: X1 Box -Amazon Prime will not work.-Get Black screen when starting a video.

clangx1, are you getting an internet connection error message? 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Box -Amazon Prime will not work.-Get Black screen when starting a video.

I can not use any of my streaming apps - prime, you tube, etc.  I have called twice to support and the last time spent almost 2 hours on the phone to be told she JUST found out about an outage and someone would be back in touch with me.  No call, and Prime STILL doesn't work.  One of the reasons I chose xfinity is so I could stream from my Prime account.  

Karen
Expert

Re: X1 Box -Amazon Prime will not work.-Get Black screen when starting a video.


@kml2000ga wrote:

I can not use any of my streaming apps - prime, you tube, etc.  I have called twice to support and the last time spent almost 2 hours on the phone to be told she JUST found out about an outage and someone would be back in touch with me.  No call, and Prime STILL doesn't work.  One of the reasons I chose xfinity is so I could stream from my Prime account.  


using the voice remote command 'about' reply with the rest of the line to the right of "STB version..."



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Box -Amazon Prime will not work.-Get Black screen when starting a video.

PX022AN_3.5p2s1_PROD_sey

Karen
Expert

Re: X1 Box -Amazon Prime will not work.-Get Black screen when starting a video.


@kml2000ga wrote:

PX022AN_3.5p2s1_PROD_sey


that is an Xg2 hub and should work. is your home internet working (from Comcast)?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Box -Amazon Prime will not work.-Get Black screen when starting a video.

My internet works fine. I can stream on my other devices.  And yes, the internet is through Comcast 

 


@Rustyben wrote:

@kml2000ga wrote:

PX022AN_3.5p2s1_PROD_sey


that is an Xg2 hub and should work. is your home internet working (from Comcast)?


 

Karen
Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Box -Amazon Prime will not work.-Get Black screen when starting a video.


@kml2000ga wrote:

My internet works fine. I can stream on my other devices.  And yes, the internet is through Comcast 

 


@Rustyben wrote:

@kml2000ga wrote:

PX022AN_3.5p2s1_PROD_sey


that is an Xg2 hub and should work. is your home internet working (from Comcast)?


 


Shot in the dark: did you try doing a System Refresh?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-system-refresh

 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: X1 Box -Amazon Prime will not work.-Get Black screen when starting a video.

kml2000ga, thanks for letting us know about your Prime app issues on the X1 box. Are you getting an internet connection error by chance? 

 

Ken


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Box -Amazon Prime will not work.-Get Black screen when starting a video.


@ComcastKenF wrote:

kml2000ga, thanks for letting us know about your Prime app issues on the X1 box. Are you getting an internet connection error by chance? 

 

Ken



Yes, I am. The internet is working fine and even shows connected in the settings. 

Karen