Community Forum

Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

Official Employee

Re: Amazon Prime Video

Yes, you will either need to swap the DVR and move it to the 4K tv or get a hold of an Xi6 (tech install only) to swap out the XiD. Some markets limit Xi6 installs to new customers only but YMMV. If you swap out the DVR there’s no saving recordings on an external device.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video

So if I move the DVR box to the 4K tv it should work?
Official Employee

Re: Amazon Prime Video

Yes, if the DVR is the 4K DVR

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video

Just to be clear is the PX032ANI dvr a 4K box? Thanks
Official Employee

Re: Amazon Prime Video

No it’s not, it’s an XiD secondary box, it has access to the DVR. Again you need to either upgrade your present DVR to a 4K DVR (and lose your older recordings) or see if you can get a hold of an Xi6 to replace the XiD. But presently those are for new customers but some markets are different, so you may not have a choice but to swap the DVR out.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video

Okay.  Thank you.

New Poster

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

We have 4k DVR boxes and the app is not available on them. It is available on the non on 4k box we have. When will it be available on the 4k DVR?
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Amazon Prime keeps freezing and rebooting

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums, I would be happy to look at your account from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime keeps freezing and rebooting

No need for further help, swapped box at Comcast Service Center and problem has gone away. Person at Center gave me a box he thought was better. This box also has a different remote then previous box.

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

Last weekend I watched Prime on my mother's Analog tv. Today, I'm getting an error message on my HDTV that my box isn't compatible. Because of having analog audio I don't have the HDMI cables connected, but my X1 box is an upgrade from my mother's, so why would I need to update my equipment? I'm just curious, because I can watch on my Xbox just fine so it's more of an annoyance than a problem.
Official Employee

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

If you’re getting that message than your equipment isn’t an upgrade from your mother’s. The pace DVR is the oldest and won’t see the app til sometime 2019

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

We live in the same house. Her television is analog, and the X1 box in her room has analog outputs. My X1 box has both, because I have Analog sound, so I use the RGB cables that also have audio (5 plug analog. My mother's is 3.) I had to go and get my box from the office in another town because they only had one.

Regardless, I watched Prime on her analog TV, so why am I getting a message that I need to switch to an HDMI box when that's clearly not the case?
Official Employee

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

The type of tv has nothing to do with it, it’s the model of equipment and like I posted above you can either wait for sometime in 2019 to get the app or swap it for another DVR that has analog audio and HDMI. You never said what equipment your mother has.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

That's because I don't want to crawl behind her entertainment center to look.

Never mind. One more reason Comcast is worthless.
Official Employee

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

Sorry, you feel that way. But it boils down to is that you need to upgrade your dvr if you want the Amazon app.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video

I got the XG1-A. It has the X15 remote. Amazon  has worked fine since I installed this box.

Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Video

UPDATE:  My XG2 received the Prime App on Monday and is working fine.   Much earlier than promised by Support last week!


@Ntsc358 wrote:

FYI,  Like some otheres I have Prime on my X1v4 but NOT my XG2.  According to support the XG2 will not receive the update to allow Prime for another 2-3 weeks, around the first of the year, at least that is what support is being told.


 

Regular Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video

So I did the upgrade to get a compatible box in order to use amazon prime.  It looks like they are sending me a Motorola MX011ANM X1 HD/DVR.  Is this a good box to have?  Somewhere I saw where this is an old box.  I currently have the PX001ANM.

Expert

Re: Amazon Prime Video


@dklingen60 wrote:

So I did the upgrade to get a compatible box in order to use amazon prime.  It looks like they are sending me a Motorola MX011ANM X1 HD/DVR.  Is this a good box to have?  Somewhere I saw where this is an old box.  I currently have the PX001ANM.


it is fine unless you have it connected to a 4k UHD TV.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video

Thank you for the quick reply.

Regular Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Video

I really like having the Amazon Prime app on my X1 boxes however after you watch a Show they are not being "Marked as watched" Smiley Sad

 

This really needs to be added!!

 

Thanks

Regular Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video

Received the replacement box and have it setup. It came with the Xr-15 remote.  Of course that remote doesn’t power off my Yamaha audio receiver, controls the volume okay but will not power it off.  This is no different than the old remote.  Why can’t they do something so it powers off the Yamaha receiver?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Amazon Prime Video


@dklingen60 wrote:

Received the replacement box and have it setup. It came with the Xr-15 remote.  Of course that remote doesn’t power off my Yamaha audio receiver, controls the volume okay but will not power it off.  This is no different than the old remote.  Why can’t they do something so it powers off the Yamaha receiver?


I use both remotes with my 4k DVR's.  You don't have to use the XR15.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Video

we got the prime ap about a week ago, seems to be working ok, but for one glitch:

I have the "autoplay" option turned off.  when I watch video on my roku or on my computer, it recommends the next thing to watch, but then returns to the series screen once the current video finishes.

on the x1, the "next up" box is highlighted in gold, and then automatically starts when the current video finishes. 

I spent about 2 hours with amazon last night, trying it every which way, then I get an email today saying "that's the way it is supposed to work."

anyone else seeing this?

             thanks.

New Poster

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

I have the XG2v2 box, and Amazon Video shows up and I have entered my Prime account information. However, whenever I try to watch a video I get an error message saying "Internet Connection Error" "We're unable to process your request. Please try again later or contact Amazon Customer Service at amazon.com/videohelp." I have reset the box, and tried the amazon videohelp page, but it is useless. Any suggestions?

Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Video


well this seems to have been resolved.  not sure exactly what happened, if it was my interaction with amazon that resulted in their fixing this, or if it was just a temporary glitch, but it is no longer happening today, everything seems right now.

so nevermind. 

@jim_r1 wrote:

we got the prime ap about a week ago, seems to be working ok, but for one glitch:

I have the "autoplay" option turned off.  when I watch video on my roku or on my computer, it recommends the next thing to watch, but then returns to the series screen once the current video finishes.

on the x1, the "next up" box is highlighted in gold, and then automatically starts when the current video finishes. 

I spent about 2 hours with amazon last night, trying it every which way, then I get an email today saying "that's the way it is supposed to work."

anyone else seeing this?

             thanks.


 

New Poster

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

Everything posted says available yet the DVR box I picked up 4 days ago is 12/23 comes up with "not compatible" ?? I called support and all they could tell me is yep thats what my screen says not compatible - whats up with that?

Official Employee

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

Obviously you picked up a box that isn’t compatible, there are 2 models that aren’t . Swap it out for one that is.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: how do you add the Amazon Prime app to Xfinity ?

Can I use the standard cable connection be used to connect to the new DVR Sent to me by Comcast or do I have to use the internet gateway connector.
Official Employee

Re: how do you add the Amazon Prime app to Xfinity ?

Did you have a DVR before?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video


@Rustyben wrote:

@dklingen60 wrote:

So I did the upgrade to get a compatible box in order to use amazon prime.  It looks like they are sending me a Motorola MX011ANM X1 HD/DVR.  Is this a good box to have?  Somewhere I saw where this is an old box.  I currently have the PX001ANM.


it is fine unless you have it connected to a 4k UHD TV.

 

That is because the UHD TV (such as Samsung's UHD models) have an app for Prime Video themselves.  This week, I finished the swap of a Samsung standard HDTV with a UHD model of a similar size (both models had a Prime Video app),  The Pace RNG STB in that room does not support Prime Video, so I had to use the TV's app.  I have a question, though; I want to set up streaming so that it displays in 4K if available (the STB does not support 4K; this is known), however, the wireless connection to the TV itself might (5G wireless N from the telephony router); is there a way in which streaming support can be set to 4K?


 

Expert

Re: Amazon Prime Video


@PGHammer wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@dklingen60 wrote:

So I did the upgrade to get a compatible box in order to use amazon prime.  It looks like they are sending me a Motorola MX011ANM X1 HD/DVR.  Is this a good box to have?  Somewhere I saw where this is an old box.  I currently have the PX001ANM.


it is fine unless you have it connected to a 4k UHD TV.

 

That is because the UHD TV (such as Samsung's UHD models) have an app for Prime Video themselves.  This week, I finished the swap of a Samsung standard HDTV with a UHD model of a similar size (both models had a Prime Video app),  The Pace RNG STB in that room does not support Prime Video, so I had to use the TV's app.  I have a question, though; I want to set up streaming so that it displays in 4K if available (the STB does not support 4K; this is known), however, the wireless connection to the TV itself might (5G wireless N from the telephony router); is there a way in which streaming support can be set to 4K?


 


If your television is connected directly to the Internet, and you have around 40 Mbt broadband or better. Using the televisons's app should not matter with the cable-box.  A good way to test your current situation is to use the "You Tube" app on your television. Type in "4K" in the search field. Find and play a 4K selection found there. Use the select button on the TV remote to see the buffer (title) page. Page to the left for 3 dots (options). Select it. If you see a blue 4K to right of option icon you are actually  receiving the program in 4K. If you don'r see a blue 4K box, select that box to change resolution to 2160P (4k). That field to show resolution being played before changing.

 

If the video should stop and show "loading" while forcing a 4K download your broadband speed is not enough to play in 4K. Depending how many other devices might be being used on your network will cut down on available broadband speed needed.


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

After watching an Amazon show my X1 box promptly crashes. Nice work.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video

I had (literally) zero issues with either the Prime Video app or YouTube (with the HDR Channel); this is using the TV's own app conected wirelessly to the telephony router (it has the best 5GHz N range - compared to even the Netgear WNDR3700v4. which is my personally-owned home router).

New Poster

Re: how do you add the Amazon Prime app to Xfinity ?

Keep getting not connected to the internet have membership with amzon but no internet showing for this app. have internet service thru comcast too

 

Official Employee

Re: how do you add the Amazon Prime app to Xfinity ?

More details are needed, like how you are trying to access

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: how do you add the Amazon Prime app to Xfinity ?

I just received a new box after following the prompts when trying to access Prime on the old box (not compatible). Hooked up the next box and Prime doesn't even show up in Apps. Trying voice command just gives a message that Prime is coming to X1. Any help here?
Regular Visitor

Re: how do you add the Amazon Prime app to Xfinity ?

That happened to me as well.  However, it did show up in about 30 minutes or so.  My basement box was doing an update and when it finished prime showed up on both boxes.

Frequent Visitor

Re: how do you add the Amazon Prime app to Xfinity ?

The box may need to just complete an overnight update. Mine did after installing a replacement box three days ago.

Regular Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video

From the first post...

Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.

Has anyone been able to see the X-Ray information with their X1?

Regular Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1


@jasonbkwfl wrote:

I have the XG2v2 box, and Amazon Video shows up and I have entered my Prime account information. However, whenever I try to watch a video I get an error message saying "Internet Connection Error" "We're unable to process your request. Please try again later or contact Amazon Customer Service at amazon.com/videohelp." I have reset the box, and tried the amazon videohelp page, but it is useless. Any suggestions?


I too am getting the same thing on my XG2v2 box.  It was working just fine when the app first came out on the X1 platform.  Whats up?

Expert

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1


@Gov0525 wrote:

@jasonbkwfl wrote:

I have the XG2v2 box, and Amazon Video shows up and I have entered my Prime account information. However, whenever I try to watch a video I get an error message saying "Internet Connection Error" "We're unable to process your request. Please try again later or contact Amazon Customer Service at amazon.com/videohelp." I have reset the box, and tried the amazon videohelp page, but it is useless. Any suggestions?


I too am getting the same thing on my XG2v2 box.  It was working just fine when the app first came out on the X1 platform.  Whats up?


try using the youtube app. does it successfully use the internet?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1


@Rustyben wrote:

@Gov0525 wrote:

@jasonbkwfl wrote:

I have the XG2v2 box, and Amazon Video shows up and I have entered my Prime account information. However, whenever I try to watch a video I get an error message saying "Internet Connection Error" "We're unable to process your request. Please try again later or contact Amazon Customer Service at amazon.com/videohelp." I have reset the box, and tried the amazon videohelp page, but it is useless. Any suggestions?


I too am getting the same thing on my XG2v2 box.  It was working just fine when the app first came out on the X1 platform.  Whats up?


try using the youtube app. does it successfully use the internet?


Yes, so does Netflix, Pandora and Tubi for that matter.  This only seems to effect Amazon Prime.  My main DVR (4K  ST plays Amazon Prime just fine. 

Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

If you do not exit from Prime Video but just turn off the TV will the streaming automatically stop? Does the HDMI cable send a signal back to Comcast that you are off?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1


@denmarks43 wrote:

If you do not exit from Prime Video but just turn off the TV will the streaming automatically stop? Does the HDMI cable send a signal back to Comcast that you are off?


That's not how it works.  See my other reply.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1


@Gov0525 wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@Gov0525 wrote:

@jasonbkwfl wrote:

I have the XG2v2 box, and Amazon Video shows up and I have entered my Prime account information. However, whenever I try to watch a video I get an error message saying "Internet Connection Error" "We're unable to process your request. Please try again later or contact Amazon Customer Service at amazon.com/videohelp." I have reset the box, and tried the amazon videohelp page, but it is useless. Any suggestions?


I too am getting the same thing on my XG2v2 box.  It was working just fine when the app first came out on the X1 platform.  Whats up?


try using the youtube app. does it successfully use the internet?


Yes, so does Netflix, Pandora and Tubi for that matter.  This only seems to effect Amazon Prime.  My main DVR (4K  ST plays Amazon Prime just fine. 


I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

I'm having the same issue. Netflix, and Youtube work. Amazon Prime says internet connection error.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1


@Withrockb wrote:
I'm having the same issue. Netflix, and Youtube work. Amazon Prime says internet connection error.

Was the first post in this thread any help?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

Can somebody dumb this down for me? I have the apps on both tv's. How much is it? How will I be billed? Is it monthly? How long is the free trial period? Tried calling Amazon and Comcast to find out but the guys I got on the phones were idiots and wasted too much of my time so I figured I would try this. 

Official Employee

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/ANSWERED-Amazon-Prime-Video-on-Xfinity-X1/ta-p/3169525

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!