Community Forum

Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

Regular Visitor

Re: Amazon Prime Video

So I did the upgrade to get a compatible box in order to use amazon prime.  It looks like they are sending me a Motorola MX011ANM X1 HD/DVR.  Is this a good box to have?  Somewhere I saw where this is an old box.  I currently have the PX001ANM.

Expert

@dklingen60 wrote:

So I did the upgrade to get a compatible box in order to use amazon prime.  It looks like they are sending me a Motorola MX011ANM X1 HD/DVR.  Is this a good box to have?  Somewhere I saw where this is an old box.  I currently have the PX001ANM.

it is fine unless you have it connected to a 4k UHD TV.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thank you for the quick reply.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I really like having the Amazon Prime app on my X1 boxes however after you watch a Show they are not being "Marked as watched" Smiley Sad

This really needs to be added!!

Thanks

Regular Visitor

Received the replacement box and have it setup. It came with the Xr-15 remote.  Of course that remote doesn’t power off my Yamaha audio receiver, controls the volume okay but will not power it off.  This is no different than the old remote.  Why can’t they do something so it powers off the Yamaha receiver?

Silver Problem Solver

@dklingen60 wrote:

Received the replacement box and have it setup. It came with the Xr-15 remote.  Of course that remote doesn’t power off my Yamaha audio receiver, controls the volume okay but will not power it off.  This is no different than the old remote.  Why can’t they do something so it powers off the Yamaha receiver?

I use both remotes with my 4k DVR's.  You don't have to use the XR15.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

we got the prime ap about a week ago, seems to be working ok, but for one glitch:

I have the "autoplay" option turned off.  when I watch video on my roku or on my computer, it recommends the next thing to watch, but then returns to the series screen once the current video finishes.

on the x1, the "next up" box is highlighted in gold, and then automatically starts when the current video finishes. 

I spent about 2 hours with amazon last night, trying it every which way, then I get an email today saying "that's the way it is supposed to work."

anyone else seeing this?

thanks.

New Poster

Re: Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1

I have the XG2v2 box, and Amazon Video shows up and I have entered my Prime account information. However, whenever I try to watch a video I get an error message saying "Internet Connection Error" "We're unable to process your request. Please try again later or contact Amazon Customer Service at amazon.com/videohelp." I have reset the box, and tried the amazon videohelp page, but it is useless. Any suggestions?

Contributor

well this seems to have been resolved.  not sure exactly what happened, if it was my interaction with amazon that resulted in their fixing this, or if it was just a temporary glitch, but it is no longer happening today, everything seems right now.

so nevermind. 

@jim_r1 wrote:

we got the prime ap about a week ago, seems to be working ok, but for one glitch:

I have the "autoplay" option turned off.  when I watch video on my roku or on my computer, it recommends the next thing to watch, but then returns to the series screen once the current video finishes.

on the x1, the "next up" box is highlighted in gold, and then automatically starts when the current video finishes. 

I spent about 2 hours with amazon last night, trying it every which way, then I get an email today saying "that's the way it is supposed to work."

anyone else seeing this?

thanks.

New Poster

Everything posted says available yet the DVR box I picked up 4 days ago is 12/23 comes up with "not compatible" ?? I called support and all they could tell me is yep thats what my screen says not compatible - whats up with that?

Official Employee

Obviously you picked up a box that isn’t compatible, there are 2 models that aren’t . Swap it out for one that is.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Re: how do you add the Amazon Prime app to Xfinity ?

Can I use the standard cable connection be used to connect to the new DVR Sent to me by Comcast or do I have to use the internet gateway connector.
Official Employee

Did you have a DVR before?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

@Rustyben wrote:

@dklingen60 wrote:

That is because the UHD TV (such as Samsung's UHD models) have an app for Prime Video themselves.  This week, I finished the swap of a Samsung standard HDTV with a UHD model of a similar size (both models had a Prime Video app),  The Pace RNG STB in that room does not support Prime Video, so I had to use the TV's app.  I have a question, though; I want to set up streaming so that it displays in 4K if available (the STB does not support 4K; this is known), however, the wireless connection to the TV itself might (5G wireless N from the telephony router); is there a way in which streaming support can be set to 4K?

Expert

@PGHammer wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@dklingen60 wrote:

That is because the UHD TV (such as Samsung's UHD models) have an app for Prime Video themselves.  This week, I finished the swap of a Samsung standard HDTV with a UHD model of a similar size (both models had a Prime Video app),  The Pace RNG STB in that room does not support Prime Video, so I had to use the TV's app.  I have a question, though; I want to set up streaming so that it displays in 4K if available (the STB does not support 4K; this is known), however, the wireless connection to the TV itself might (5G wireless N from the telephony router); is there a way in which streaming support can be set to 4K?

If your television is connected directly to the Internet, and you have around 40 Mbt broadband or better. Using the televisons's app should not matter with the cable-box.  A good way to test your current situation is to use the "You Tube" app on your television. Type in "4K" in the search field. Find and play a 4K selection found there. Use the select button on the TV remote to see the buffer (title) page. Page to the left for 3 dots (options). Select it. If you see a blue 4K to right of option icon you are actually  receiving the program in 4K. If you don'r see a blue 4K box, select that box to change resolution to 2160P (4k). That field to show resolution being played before changing.

If the video should stop and show "loading" while forcing a 4K download your broadband speed is not enough to play in 4K. Depending how many other devices might be being used on your network will cut down on available broadband speed needed.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

After watching an Amazon show my X1 box promptly crashes. Nice work.

Frequent Visitor

I had (literally) zero issues with either the Prime Video app or YouTube (with the HDR Channel); this is using the TV's own app conected wirelessly to the telephony router (it has the best 5GHz N range - compared to even the Netgear WNDR3700v4. which is my personally-owned home router).

New Poster

Keep getting not connected to the internet have membership with amzon but no internet showing for this app. have internet service thru comcast too

Official Employee

More details are needed, like how you are trying to access

New Poster

I just received a new box after following the prompts when trying to access Prime on the old box (not compatible). Hooked up the next box and Prime doesn't even show up in Apps. Trying voice command just gives a message that Prime is coming to X1. Any help here?
Regular Visitor

That happened to me as well.  However, it did show up in about 30 minutes or so.  My basement box was doing an update and when it finished prime showed up on both boxes.

Frequent Visitor

The box may need to just complete an overnight update. Mine did after installing a replacement box three days ago.

Regular Visitor

From the first post...

Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.

Has anyone been able to see the X-Ray information with their X1?

Regular Contributor

@jasonbkwfl wrote:

I have the XG2v2 box, and Amazon Video shows up and I have entered my Prime account information. However, whenever I try to watch a video I get an error message saying "Internet Connection Error" "We're unable to process your request. Please try again later or contact Amazon Customer Service at amazon.com/videohelp." I have reset the box, and tried the amazon videohelp page, but it is useless. Any suggestions?

I too am getting the same thing on my XG2v2 box.  It was working just fine when the app first came out on the X1 platform.  Whats up?

Expert

@Gov0525 wrote:

@jasonbkwfl wrote:

I too am getting the same thing on my XG2v2 box.  It was working just fine when the app first came out on the X1 platform.  Whats up?

try using the youtube app. does it successfully use the internet?

Regular Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@Gov0525 wrote:

@jasonbkwfl wrote:

Yes, so does Netflix, Pandora and Tubi for that matter.  This only seems to effect Amazon Prime.  My main DVR (4K  ST plays Amazon Prime just fine. 

Contributor

If you do not exit from Prime Video but just turn off the TV will the streaming automatically stop? Does the HDMI cable send a signal back to Comcast that you are off?

Silver Problem Solver

@denmarks43 wrote:

If you do not exit from Prime Video but just turn off the TV will the streaming automatically stop? Does the HDMI cable send a signal back to Comcast that you are off?

That's not how it works.  See my other reply.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Expert

@Gov0525 wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@Gov0525 wrote:

@jasonbkwfl wrote:

Yes, so does Netflix, Pandora and Tubi for that matter.  This only seems to effect Amazon Prime.  My main DVR (4K  ST plays Amazon Prime just fine. 

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

New Poster

I'm having the same issue. Netflix, and Youtube work. Amazon Prime says internet connection error.
Silver Problem Solver

@Withrockb wrote:
I'm having the same issue. Netflix, and Youtube work. Amazon Prime says internet connection error.

Was the first post in this thread any help?

Regular Contributor

Can somebody dumb this down for me? I have the apps on both tv's. How much is it? How will I be billed? Is it monthly? How long is the free trial period? Tried calling Amazon and Comcast to find out but the guys I got on the phones were idiots and wasted too much of my time so I figured I would try this. 

Official Employee

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/ANSWERED-Amazon-Prime-Video-on-Xfinity-X1/ta-p/3169525

Regular Contributor

I read that and it doesn't really tell me what I want to know. How much per month?

Contributor

Amazon Prime is $119 a year (plus sales tax) billed by Amazon. That includes many other Amazon features such as free 2 day shipping. There is no Comcast charge unless you go iover the 1 terabyte a month usage which is rare.

Regular Contributor

@denmarks43 wrote:

Amazon Prime is $119 a year (plus sales tax) billed by Amazon. That includes many other Amazon features such as free 2 day shipping. There is no Comcast charge unless you go iover the 1 terabyte a month usage which is rare.

Thanks. Do you know if you pay the yearly fee up front or is it a monthly bill?

Official Employee

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202213110

Contributor

Starting May 11, 2018, new members will be charged $119/year for an annual Prime membership and $59/year for an annual Prime Student membership.

Starting June 16, 2018, existing Prime members with an annual membership will renew at a rate of $119/year. Prime Student members with an annual membership will renew at a rate of $59/year.

Monthly Prime members continue to pay $12.99 per month. Monthly Prime Student members continue to pay $6.49 per month.

New Poster

None whatsoever. Still having internet connection error trying to watch Amazon programming.
New Poster

Anyone figure this issue out yet?
New Poster

@Withrockb wrote:
Was the first post in this thread any help?

Still not fixed.
Frequent Visitor

Our box does not show the "Sign in" option, but only offers "Join."

How do we get it to offer the "Sign in" option?

Frequent Visitor

Solved this problem of no "sign in" option by going to the app (Prime) settings in the Xfinity box, then "deregistered" account.  (Apparently another family member had signed up the incorrect acct.)

Once the incorrect account was deregistered from the device, the "Sign in" option did appear.

Contributor

Andrew,
Thank you for the time and support you are providing all of us. Well, here’s my weird situation. I have a Pace XG1-P DVR box and a companion box.
The Pace DVR box has the Prime app there, but when you try to open it, it says to wait until a notification comes or words to that effect. The companion box both has the Prime app and it is working on that companion box.
Here’s the really weird part. The Comcast phone tech says that although the DVR box serial numbers match, she reports seeing a totally different box in her view. Not even a DVR. Says that it reports to her as not compatible, but again, she has the wrong box listed. She thinks that it was never coded correctly or some other bizarre reason. Also states that since a tech is coming out next week to do the 1 gig update, the installer will be able to somehow figure out what is going on, from my house.
I’ve had the Pace for 2-3 years. I want to keep using component cables. The Netflix, YouTube, other apps work fine on both. Again, the PACE DVR doesn’t say incompatible, just to wait for a notification. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
Steve K.
Expert

@stevenk734 wrote:
Andrew,
Thank you for the time and support you are providing all of us. Well, here’s my weird situation. I have a Pace XG1-P DVR box and a companion box.
The Pace DVR box has the Prime app there, but when you try to open it, it says to wait until a notification comes or words to that effect. The companion box both has the Prime app and it is working on that companion box.
Here’s the really weird part. The Comcast phone tech says that although the DVR box serial numbers match, she reports seeing a totally different box in her view. Not even a DVR. Says that it reports to her as not compatible, but again, she has the wrong box listed. She thinks that it was never coded correctly or some other bizarre reason. Also states that since a tech is coming out next week to do the 1 gig update, the installer will be able to somehow figure out what is going on, from my house.
I’ve had the Pace for 2-3 years. I want to keep using component cables. The Netflix, YouTube, other apps work fine on both. Again, the PACE DVR doesn’t say incompatible, just to wait for a notification. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
Steve K.

The pace xg1 ver 1 DVR was announced as not being capable until a future (no date given) upgrade is performed.  Does your device not support HDMI connection?

Contributor

Thanks for that update. I appreciate it.
Let’s just say that, for now, I prefer component cables. I already get prime on my Roku player so I can wait.
If, however, there is another x1 compatible component cable box available, that would get prime quicker, I’m open to any suggestions, model numbers that I could call local stores or order from Xfinity.
Thanks in advance
Contributor

Bill,
What did you like about the post?
Just curious. I tend to use component cables under certain conditions. I believe that HDMI has certain types of restrictions that are not talked about. In the case if this particular setup of mine, it’s better for my surround system and other uses. I hope one Of the comcast techs on this forum can recommend another component box that fits my needs, if it comes to it. As I mentioned, I get prime on my companion box and my Roku and it looks like this box Is compatible, as the icon is there and awaiting by notification, so we’ll see. These nice folks, like comcast Andrew and the volunteers, are far more knowledgeable than most of the very well meaning phone techs.
The problem, according to a tech I spoke to, is just Its not a serious enough issur to write an upper level tech ticket. I’m cool with that. I can wait. Andrew or someone else confirmed my suspicions that it would come along, at some point. So, no need the hassle it further.
I’ve been a 35 year customer a one hone, 18 year s at my second home. I think the techs try hard and I don’t understand why everyone complains about them. This stuff is complicated. Not every tech is a genius, but they try hard.
New Poster

Re: Amazon Prime Video to come to Xfinity X1

is there any instructions on how to use the xfinity remote to operate prime

Official Employee

Re: Amazon Prime Video to come to Xfinity X1

is there any instructions on how to use the xfinity remote to operate prime
_________
There’s pretty good instructions in this thread’s very first post.

Regular Contributor

@stevenk734 wrote:
Bill,
What did you like about the post?
Just curious. I tend to use component cables under certain conditions. I believe that HDMI has certain types of restrictions that are not talked about. In the case if this particular setup of mine, it’s better for my surround system and other uses. I hope one Of the comcast techs on this forum can recommend another component box that fits my needs, if it comes to it. As I mentioned, I get prime on my companion box and my Roku and it looks like this box Is compatible, as the icon is there and awaiting by notification, so we’ll see. These nice folks, like comcast Andrew and the volunteers, are far more knowledgeable than most of the very well meaning phone techs.
The problem, according to a tech I spoke to, is just Its not a serious enough issur to write an upper level tech ticket. I’m cool with that. I can wait. Andrew or someone else confirmed my suspicions that it would come along, at some point. So, no need the hassle it further.
I’ve been a 35 year customer a one hone, 18 year s at my second home. I think the techs try hard and I don’t understand why everyone complains about them. This stuff is complicated. Not every tech is a genius, but they try hard.

I am all about being able to use any and every possible cable connection.

I used to have a box with component out, simply to be able to offload the DVR content to computer for burning blu-ray discs, i could not do that with HDMI (copy restrictions)

then I found out if you use a regular HDMI splitter, that restriction is gone

since that component cable box could not pause, or do voice remote, I swapped it out for a regular box....but I sympathize with your cause