Community Forum

Amazon Prime Video on XG1 DVR box

Regular Visitor

Amazon Prime Video on XG1 DVR box

I keep getting conflicting info on this...the Prime Video icon shows up in the Apps section of my X1 DVR box (model # front panel = XG1-P).   I assume this means that my box is a "Pace XG1-v1"?  When you click on Prime Video, it tells you you need to call Comcast and upgrade your box(es) to get access.  Then I read somewhere on the web that this service will work on the XG1v1 box sometime in 2019??   Any idea whats what??   What's the timetable for making it work in 2019??

Expert

Re: Amazon Prime Video on XG1 DVR box

@hajeski wrote:

I keep getting conflicting info on this...the Prime Video icon shows up in the Apps section of my X1 DVR box (model # front panel = XG1-P).   I assume this means that my box is a "Pace XG1-v1"?  When you click on Prime Video, it tells you you need to call Comcast and upgrade your box(es) to get access.  Then I read somewhere on the web that this service will work on the XG1v1 box sometime in 2019??   Any idea whats what??   What's the timetable for making it work in 2019??

please consider taking the opportunity to upgrade to a much newer version of the X1 set top box. you do indeed have the earliest 5-tuner-capable Pace XG1 version 1 DVR. latest is the XG1-v4 DVR (no clock on the face and much smaller footprint).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your input. I noticed I get the same "error message" on the rest of my (non-DVR) boxes...those appear to all be RNG-150N's; should I ask to upgrade all 4 boxes? Also, will Comcast will upgrade ALL (1 DVR + 3 non-DVR) 4 boxes just for asking (no charge)? Thanks!!
Expert

@hajeski wrote:
Thanks for your input. I noticed I get the same "error message" on the rest of my (non-DVR) boxes...those appear to all be RNG-150N's; should I ask to upgrade all 4 boxes? Also, will Comcast will upgrade ALL (1 DVR + 3 non-DVR) 4 boxes just for asking (no charge)? Thanks!!

For modern equipment xg1v3 (non 4k) or Xg1v4 (4k). the other 3 : (1) Xg2 (companion set top box that has 3 tuners to loan out) and 2 xiD. they may substitute Xg2s for XiD depending on availability. There are some changes. the Xg1v4 has only HDMI ouput. let us know how it all works for you. the voice remote on all boxes is really great. be sure to set 'purchase pin' on each new set top box if you use that feature on the current set top boxes. The cloud DVR will have your last 60 hours of recordings. If you have some you would rather watch before returning the old DVR just put it in one of the other locations in the home and watch the older recordings then return the DVR and swap for one of the companions above. The new set up will give you up to 6 channels to record at any one time.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!