Community Forum

Amazon Prime Video not working on X1 cable box

Frequent Visitor

Amazon Prime Video not working on X1 cable box

I have an Amazon Prime subscription, but I cannot watch it on X1 box. I can watch it everywhere else, but not my cable box.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Amazon Prime Video not working on X1 cable box

@Anon1469768 wrote:

I have an Amazon Prime subscription, but I cannot watch it on X1 box. I can watch it everywhere else, but not my cable box.

We need more information; what is happening when you try to use it?  

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-x1-amazon-prime-video

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

adding... and what is the model number of the set top box? do you receive a message when trying to access?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

The model number for the box is AX013ANC. I entered the code from Amazon.com. Nothing changed. I still have the "Start You 30-day Membership" message. I have entered multiple codes, but nothing changes.

Silver Problem Solver

@Anon1469768 wrote:

The model number for the box is AX013ANC. I entered the code from Amazon.com. Nothing changed. I still have the "Start You 30-day Membership" message. I have entered multiple codes, but nothing changes.

If you have a subscription to Prime, that message might not recognized your Amazon Prime userid/password combination.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

Ok, so how do I make it recognize my userID and password?

Silver Problem Solver

@Anon1469768 wrote:

Ok, so how do I make it recognize my userID and password?

I don't have Amazon Prime.

I do have Netflix and I was able to set it up using the Netflix credentials I use when I access it with a computer/URL.

I assume Prime is the same way; maybe there is a problem with the way you enter Prime credentials.

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem. I put in my Amazon Prime pin and it says it is not reconized. It would seem if comcast is going to have an app it would link to Amazon.

Silver Problem Solver

@robert305 wrote:

I am having the same problem. I put in my Amazon Prime pin and it says it is not reconized. It would seem if comcast is going to have an app it would link to Amazon.

Mine linked months ago using the pin.  Which cable box do you have?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

Frequent Visitor

I have the 4k XG1v4 model.

Silver Problem Solver

@robert305 wrote:

I have the 4k XG1v4 model.

Is this any help?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Amazon-Prime-Video-on-Xfinity-X1/m-p/3124957#M153186

Frequent Visitor

No that did not help me. I have an Amazon Prime subscription. The x1 app wants a pin number and when I put my pin in it won't accept it. I had no problem before Comcast did an update and since then I have'nt been able to use the app.