Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Adding Time to End of DVR recording insufficient

Frequent Visitor

Adding Time to End of DVR recording insufficient

I'm an avid sports fan, but I hate watching commercials.  So I record all the games I want to watch so I can buzz through all the commercials.

I recently switched from Directv to Xfinity with the X1 dvrs.  With Directv, I could set all games to record up to 3 hours late, so I would never miss over time or extra innings.  And it always came in handy if there was a rain delay, or whatever.

With Xfinity, the most I can record passed the assumed end of game time is 30 minutes!  (although some channels allow up to 1.5 hours for some reason)

SO I recorded the NFL playoff games yesterday, and added the extra 30 minutes..  and guess what?  I missed the end of the Vikings vs Saints game!  This was probably the worst game to miss the end too!

So I'm wondering, pleading, begging for an update to allow for longer recording.  A standard 30 minutes is NOT long enough for programs like sports when you don't really know how long it will take to complete!

Please pass this on to techs for maybe an update??  Otherwise, I welcome all suggestions.

Thanks.

Expert

Re: Adding Time to End of DVR recording insufficient

The only option now is to record the next scheduled program in case the game goes over.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Adding Time to End of DVR recording insufficient

Yeah, that is the obvious work-around, but holy cow...  allowing only 30 minutes extra on recordings is the dumbest idea ever!  I should be able to add 12 hours extra if I want.

Anyway, rant over.  Hopefully the issue gets resolved quickly.