Community Forum

AX104ANM change from RF to IR?

Highlighted
New Poster

AX104ANM change from RF to IR?

I did a search for all keywords I can think of, and I can't find anything saying how to change the xfinity box from RF mode to IR mode. 

I have the Harmony Elite, so I want to use that to control the xfinity set top box, but I believe it will only work in IR mode (Harmony has a hub to blast IR). 

Xfinity onine chat help was no help and said they'll call me later. But who knows how long that will be. 

I have the XR15 remote, so there is no setup button to push and hold. I did hold the A+D buttons and typed the 981 and 987 and neither worked. 

I can't find a single setting to change to IR so my remote can work. I otherwise have the Harmony Elite completely set-up. It should work the moment this darn box switches to IR mode. 

Help? Please? Thank you 🙂 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: AX104ANM change from RF to IR?

@Big_Pete1999 wrote:

I did a search for all keywords I can think of, and I can't find anything saying how to change the xfinity box from RF mode to IR mode. 

I have the Harmony Elite, so I want to use that to control the xfinity set top box, but I believe it will only work in IR mode (Harmony has a hub to blast IR). 

Xfinity onine chat help was no help and said they'll call me later. But who knows how long that will be. 

I have the XR15 remote, so there is no setup button to push and hold. I did hold the A+D buttons and typed the 981 and 987 and neither worked. 

I can't find a single setting to change to IR so my remote can work. I otherwise have the Harmony Elite completely set-up. It should work the moment this darn box switches to IR mode. 

Help? Please? Thank you 🙂 

the IR receiver is always 'on' but it is very hard to make it see except close to the remote. where I use my harmony I put a small book under the front of the set top box to raise it up and expose the lower right corner of the set top box to be in a better position to see the IR emission. the Xfinity remote can still operate by RF and the harmony can operate via IR.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!