Community Forum

AX013ANM vs XG1v4

New Poster

AX013ANM vs XG1v4

I do not see the option under the device settings to enable 4K (2160). I have the X1 bix model AX013ANM. When I look online, it  states only the XG1v4 box is capable of 4K?? I also see that the XG1v4  model numbers are supposed to be AX014ANM -or- AX014ANC.

Is this true? Is there an extra change for 4K content? It really shouldn't be this difficult to access whether or not I am getting 4K content when applicable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: AX013ANM vs XG1v4

@PWire wrote:

I do not see the option under the device settings to enable 4K (2160). I have the X1 bix model AX013ANM. When I look online, it  states only the XG1v4 box is capable of 4K?? I also see that the XG1v4  model numbers are supposed to be AX014ANM -or- AX014ANC.

Is this true? Is there an extra change for 4K content? It really shouldn't be this difficult to access whether or not I am getting 4K content when applicable.

It is true that the XG1v4 is the only box that supports 4K.  

I exchanged two of my XG1 DVR's for the XG1v4 at my nearest Xfinity Store.  I only had to return the DVR's; I kept the cables and remotes.  They gave me a package that included all the cables and the remote.  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: AX013ANM vs XG1v4

@PWire wrote:

The XG1V4 is the only dvr that has 4K access.

The model numbers are right, you just don't have a 4K dvr(AX013ANM), that is why you don't see the 4K options. There's no extra charge for 4K unless you are trying to access the 4K offerings through Netflix or Amazon. You need a paid subscription for access. If you would like to upgrade to a 4K DVD follow the instructions in the following thread.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/td-p/2987898

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!