Community Forum

8 way 11db splitter will work with xfinity cable and internet

New Poster

8 way 11db splitter will work with xfinity cable and internet

I am thinking to replace the original 2 way splitter from Comcast for one is selling on eBay which says 8 way 11db.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Regal-8-way-High-Performance-Coaxial-Splitter-Signal-ZDS8DGV10-Cable-TV-HD/...
Gold Problem Solver

Re: 8 way 11db splitter will work with xfinity cable and internet

Are you talking splitter or splitter/amp? Generally you want avoid using an 8 way splitter whenever possible.

How many active cable outlets do you have in your house? You want to avoid unused splitter outlets at all costs. It is wasted signal.

X1 boxes have proven to be very signal sensitive and have specific requirements in regards to splitters and amps.
Official Employee

Why would you want to go from 2 to 8? There is too much signal loss, that’s what 11db means.
You need something like this instead, it’s more expensive but better for the X1 platform

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
CF4267FF-0FB7-4774-8CEA-9A6A0DCAEC50.jpeg
Silver Problem Solver

@ComcastAndrew wrote:
Why would you want to go from 2 to 8? There is too much signal loss, that’s what 11db means.
You need something like this instead, it’s more expensive but better for the X1 platform

That EVO is the one I have been using ever since I got X1 years ago.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!