Community Forum

8-hour limit?

New Poster

8-hour limit?

Trying to record sports events that last up to 10 hours. DVR-Playback stops after it reaches an 8-hour recording length. This happens with regular on-time settings and with an extended stop-time option. How do I change the recording settings to capture the full airing of the program. Right now this is happening with ESPN coverage of Wimbledon Championships.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: 8-hour limit?

Have you tried to setup a manual recording of Wimbledon, unfortunately you would have to do it each day. I believe 12 or 13 hours is the limit
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-set-a-manual-recording-for-a-channel

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Yes, I did try that approach and it still cut the recording time at 8 hours. However, I also extended the stop time; perhaps that affected the overall recording time. Thanks for responding and the suggestion.

@CCAndrew wrote:
Have you tried to setup a manual recording of Wimbledon, unfortunately you would have to do it each day. I believe 12 or 13 hours is the limit
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-set-a-manual-recording-for-a-channel

New Poster

I had the same problem with Wimbledon recordings.  The DVR box would only show 8 hours of the recording, but the full 12 hours was there when I checked the online version.  Had to watch the end of some matches on my computer.

New Poster

Interestingly while watching yesterday, the DVR did a reboot that I did not initiate. The recording completed in full; seems problem might be solved.
Official Employee

Hello all, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! @javacats, I am happy to hear that after the reboot, the full recording has completed. I do apologize for any inconvenience or frustration that may have caused. Please be sure to reach back out if you run into this again and for any future issues or concerns. We're here to help! 

@uggghggghhh, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this recording concern as well. We definitely want to get this corrected and I would be more than happy to assist you with this. Can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

@uggghggghhh, I never received a private message from you or heard back from you on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please be sure to still send me a PM if you need assistance with this recording concern. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thanks and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!