Community Forum

4k dvr disconnects from 4k samsung tv at nightly reboot.

Frequent Visitor

4k dvr disconnects from 4k samsung tv at nightly reboot.

Every night my 4k dvr disconnects from my 4k samsung tv after it reboots. The problem was solved last fall by going to Settings, Comcast Labs and turning the HDMI Link on. Comcast has eliminated that setting, so the problem is back.

The dvr does not power down after the nightly reboot and hitting the power button on the remote results in a tv and dvr that are on with a blank screen. I have to unplug the dvr, wait 10 seconds and replug it to get a picture.

The Power Saver setting is turned On, but it doesn't power down the dvr until 4-5 hours after the tv is turned off. 

So to summarize, everything worked great until the HDMI LINK setting was eliminated. Any solutions?  Thanks 

Expert

Re: 4k dvr disconnects from 4k samsung tv at nightly reboot.

@Walicki wrote:

Every night my 4k dvr disconnects from my 4k samsung tv after it reboots. The problem was solved last fall by going to Settings, Comcast Labs and turning the HDMI Link on. Comcast has eliminated that setting, so the problem is back.

The dvr does not power down after the nightly reboot and hitting the power button on the remote results in a tv and dvr that are on with a blank screen. I have to unplug the dvr, wait 10 seconds and replug it to get a picture.

The Power Saver setting is turned On, but it doesn't power down the dvr until 4-5 hours after the tv is turned off. 

So to summarize, everything worked great until the HDMI LINK setting was eliminated. Any solutions?  Thanks 

while it is working use the TV's remote to find out what the name of the input port. when it is next out before doing anything on the TV or on the set top box look to see what port the TV is using for input. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

The tv port being used by the dvr is hdmi2. I will check the tv port tomorrow morning during the next outage. Hopefully the tv input button on the remote will work with a blank screen.  I will let you know.  Thanks

Frequent Visitor

It is early morning, the dvr power light is on, pressing the power button on the remote results in a black blank screen.  Pressing the input button on the remote shows that the tv is connected to hdmi2 - exactly the same screen as when the tv and dvr are connected during the day. Toggling off hdmi2 and back on still results in a blank screen. I have to unplug the dvr power and replug it to get a picture. Everything will work fine until the nightly reboot. Any ideas?

Expert

interesting last night accidently turned off TV turned it back on got black screen 'no signal' on the port for the TV - checked and found it was the same input. until I rebooted the set top box nothing i did on the TV menu brought back the connection (new firmware dated 6/5 i think).

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Frequent Visitor

I am able to switch to different input ports in the morning and everything works fine, except the dvr input - blank screen. 

The dvr will connect to the tv if I wait until the power saver setting powers down the dvr - about 4 to 5 hours. This is why the HDMI LINK SETTING worked. I had no problems with the old x1 dvr box. 

The tv is a Samsung ju6500. 

Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks 

Silver Problem Solver

Sometimes I get a blank screen because I accidentally press the "Input" button on my remote.  I never use it.