Community Forum

4k box went dead

Regular Contributor

4k box went dead

I did a restart cause my blue tooth headphones were paired but getting no sound so I thought I might have broken my headphones now my 4k box won't pick up a signal to the 4k tv.
Regular Contributor

Re: 4k box went dead

I don't know what's going on the my account app says that box has no connection when I restart it nothing happens no signal to tv and the 4k box is pretty hot to the touch but the white light is still on. so I don't know.

all this started when I wanted to restart my box it was working fine before then.

do I unplug the box  and turn it back since I'm not getting a signal or has my 4k box died.

Silver Problem Solver

@Pharrell2 wrote:

I don't know what's going on the my account app says that box has no connection when I restart it nothing happens no signal to tv and the 4k box is pretty hot to the touch but the white light is still on. so I don't know.

all this started when I wanted to restart my box it was working fine before then.

do I unplug the box  and turn it back since I'm not getting a signal or has my 4k box died.

Try it and let us know.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Expert

It sounds to me that your 4K DVR has gone bad. Has the box been placed in an area so that it could get good ventalation. That means no stacking of devices in a cabinet.

With the DVR un-connected can you still get cable through the main X1 cable-box?

If so, I would get the 4K DVR replaced.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

it worked after I unplugged it and plugged it back in.

no problems since then.

Expert

@Pharrell2 wrote:

it worked after I unplugged it and plugged it back in.

no problems since then.

Thank you for letting us know.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!