Community Forum

4k HDMI cords

Regular Contributor

4k HDMI cords

I just ordered the new 4k x1 box today,want to know has anyone received thiers yet.How is it.Did it come with a 4k hdmi cord or do I need to get separately.

Valued Contributor

Re: 4k HDMI cords

You will get a compatible HDMI cable with the shipment. 

Most newer HDMI cables support 4k just fine. 

Tek
Expert

wrote:

I just ordered the new 4k x1 box today,want to know has anyone received thiers yet.How is it.Did it come with a 4k hdmi cord or do I need to get separately.

A High-Speed HDMI cable capable of 4K should come labelled as such. If the cable or packaging is not labelled as such it is most likely the older HDMI cable only good for HD video / audio. I have never gotten a HDMI cable from Comcast with proper labelling. You can hook it up and try it (if unlabelled) but odds are against it supplying 4K signal.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

I verfied the generic cable they sent with my 4k box supports  4k. 

Tek
Expert

wrote:

I verfied the generic cable they sent with my 4k box supports  4k. 

I would be nice if that could hold true from now on for all Comcast service areas.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

The Xfinity supplied cables support 4K HOWEVER on some sets they fail on the initial handshake between box and TV IF the X1 box is set to full 4K--2160 @60hz. High speed cables work right off. Comcast should supply high speec 4K cables with all their X1 v4 boxes.

Diamond Problem Solver

8 month old dead thread closed

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!