Regular Visitor

4K box

Trying too find out how to swap my box out for 4K version 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: 4K box

@bugdozer wrote:

Trying too find out how to swap my box out for 4K version 

is your area opening up the stores now or in next week? you could drop by your local Xfinity store and see if there is an update on their schedule. some are already open and doing curbside service, others let a few in at a time. Some are still closed. Comcast announced many more stores opening again around May 18.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @bugdozer

You've come to the BEST place for help with swapping your DVR. Thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forum. I've had the chance to review and respond to your private message. Chat with you soon! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi,

thank you for the private message. I do not know what I am doing wrong but when I go to read the message it is only showing me three lines. It does not let me scroll or reply to your private message. I have tried both on my iPad and on my computer and I cannot receive the rest of the message because it will not scroll. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi I would also like to upgrade to the 4K Tv box.
Highlighted
Expert

@LilianaB wrote:
Hi I would also like to upgrade to the 4K Tv box.

Fastest and easiest way is to drop by at your local Xfinity store. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Would I have to take my old setup box to trade in right on the spot?
Highlighted
Expert

@LilianaB wrote:
Would I have to take my old setup box to trade in right on the spot?

you can, or you can pickup the new box and install it and then return the old box in a day or two. once they put it as a replacement the old box won't work so either take the old set top box or take a phone photo of the label with all the serial numbers so the swapout will be done on the computer to the correct set top box. they don't need your remote so keep the old one.