Community Forum

4K box and power saving

Frequent Visitor

4K box and power saving

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything so I thought I would share what I found.  I have the new 4K X1 box with a brand new Samsung TV.  I went through the settings and turn on the power saving mode.  Since then, every time I turn on the TV for the first time of the day, the screen would be black but I would have sound.  The only solution would be to unplug the X1 box.  Thinking it was my cable box, I swapped it out, changed the HDMI cords and output number.  Same thing happened.  That's when I thought back to when it first started happening when I turn on the power saving.  I turned it back to off and everything is fine.  Typical poor Comcast equipment.  

Official Employee

Re: 4K box and power saving

Hi mlepeonka. We appreciate you visiting and posting on the Xfinity Forums. I can assist in getting an Advanced Repair ticket opened for you so our team can look into getting this fixed for you. Please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. Click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile, then click the link that says "Send a message". There you can private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: 4K box and power saving

Hi mlepeonka. We did not receive a response from you. This thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you continue to need help with this issue, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!