Community Forum

4K Content Channels

New Poster

4K Content Channels

SO I am receiving my new Samsung UN65KS9000 on Wednesday, and am curious where the 4K content is?

Just had a Comcast Rep here to replace a bad X1 Cable Box, and he stated that there are currently 4 - 4K channels available and you have to call and add them to my lineup.

Is this, in fact, true?

I know about the 4K App - I have a small Samsung 4K TV I use as my 4K PC Monitor, and used the app, but there's like 3 movies and they are HORRIBLE...

Thanks...

Expert

Re: 4K Content Channels

Thanks for the laugh.

You already know what 4K Comcast has. The infamous "Ultra HD Sampler" app which currently has problems since about one month ago.

By the way. There are no movies on the app.

Expert

Are you possibly referring to the advertised 3 linear channels from a satellite provider?

I monitor their forum and the three 4k channels have not been viewable since last year through yesterday because of cable-box problems that have not been fixed yet (according to forum posts).

Expert

By now Direct TV should have been working. Customers had two channels to watch the Masters in 4K. One channel had Amen Corner (holes: 11. 12, and 13). The other had Holes: 15 and 16. Direct TV had been advertising the Masters over Comcast cable.

However; those of us with Samsung, Sony, or LG UHD televisions had access to the "Masters 4K" app for Amen Corner for about 27 hours of live ultra high definition television to watch for free. I couldn't see signing up for Direct TV and dealing with satellite equipment for two years being any bargain when it ends up costing more with vastly fewer channels

Expert

Comcast has finally fixed the "Ultra HD Sampler" 4k app for certain Samsung and LG UHD televisions. We can now view all the previous episodes supplied on the remaining 3 different shows found on the app. New version is "2017_08_01".

Expert

As of 9/21/17, Comcast must consider this 4k app to be "Ancient History".

They eliminated the past episodes of Super Store leaving only old episodes of two shows: "Power" and "Outlander".