Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

4K Cable Box

Regular Visitor

4K Cable Box

I have an X1 box for my regular HD tv and can't figure out if it will work for 4k or I need a new box. I looked in about xfinity to find model number but none say model number. It might be listed under some other name. Anyone know? Stb version starts with MX

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: 4K Cable Box

@napatow04 wrote:

I have an X1 box for my regular HD tv and can't figure out if it will work for 4k or I need a new box. I looked in about xfinity to find model number but none say model number. It might be listed under some other name. Anyone know? Stb version starts with MX

None of your DVRs are 4K DVRs. Here's a link to check out the dvr

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Xfinity-XG1v4-TV-Box/td-p/2907630

FYI, there are notes associated with your account that there's an ingress issue at your house. There's a high pass filter attached to your drop. Ingress/interference is usually caused bybad cable or loose cable and that interference can backfeed out to the plant causing issues in the neighborhood. The high pass filter keeps the ingress in your house. Signal levels are also out of spec on most of your equipment. If you need assistance setting up a tech let us know.

All Replies
Official Employee

@napatow04 wrote:

None of your DVRs are 4K DVRs. Here's a link to check out the dvr

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Xfinity-XG1v4-TV-Box/td-p/2907630

FYI, there are notes associated with your account that there's an ingress issue at your house. There's a high pass filter attached to your drop. Ingress/interference is usually caused bybad cable or loose cable and that interference can backfeed out to the plant causing issues in the neighborhood. The high pass filter keeps the ingress in your house. Signal levels are also out of spec on most of your equipment. If you need assistance setting up a tech let us know.

Regular Visitor

Can I get the 4k box at the comcast location or do I need to order one online?

Official Employee

As noted above, when the tech comes to fox your ingress, they should be able to get you one