Community Forum

30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working

Frequent Visitor

30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working

Hello! I had programmed my XR11 remote to skip 30 seconds with the Page up button and it suddenly stopped working. I am doing the same program of hitting EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030 and that doesn't seem to be working! Any help would be much appreciated. Skipping 5 minutes is completely useless!  

 

Thanks, 

Lauren

Gold Problem Solver

Re: 30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working

Unplug and reboot your X1 box.
New Poster

Re: 30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working

Ihad the same problem.  Here's what fixed it, doesn't sould logical , but it worked first time. 

1. Turn TV OFF

2. Press EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030 EXIT

3. Turn TV back on and try it.

 

Expert

Re: 30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working


@ecicci wrote:

Ihad the same problem.  Here's what fixed it, doesn't sould logical , but it worked first time. 

1. Turn TV OFF

2. Press EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030 EXIT

3. Turn TV back on and try it.


no need to turn TV off/on. The reboot will fix it (probably a new firmware install issue that rebooting fixes).



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: 30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working


@Lothlaurien wrote:

Hello! I had programmed my XR11 remote to skip 30 seconds with the Page up button and it suddenly stopped working. I am doing the same program of hitting EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030 and that doesn't seem to be working! Any help would be much appreciated. Skipping 5 minutes is completely useless!  

 

Thanks, 

Lauren


Hit EXIT EXIT EXIT 0500 followed by EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030  This appears to work without a system reset.

New Poster

Re: 30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working

yes that worked yesterday i unprogramed the 30 sec skip and today the codes do not work 

 

Expert

Re: 30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working


@glennsimonds wrote:

yes that worked yesterday i unprogramed the 30 sec skip and today the codes do not work 


unplug the AC power plug to the set top box and after 30 seconds plug back in. working now?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

Re: 30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working

Unplugging the STB for 30 seconds worked here, using the codes did not.  Way to go Comcast, nice job screwing up something useful once again.

New Poster

Re: 30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working

Had this problem today and your trick worked. Thanks!

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: 30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working

This is the only way it worked for me:  EXIT EXIT EXIT 0500 EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030.   Thank you lothlaurien for your post above

Contributor

Re: 30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working


@Lothlaurien wrote:

 Skipping 5 minutes is completely useless!  

 

Thanks, 

Lauren


EXACTLY THIS!  I'd love to know what the reasoning is to make it a 5 minute default skip.  Aren't there any useful engineers or programmers working for Comcast?

New Poster

Re: 30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working

Hello - While watching LIVE TV, press hold the EXIT button for 3 SECS then enter 0030.. This will reset the PG UP/ PG DN function.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: 30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working

Reboot solved this problem for me
Frequent Visitor

Re: 30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working

Reboot fixed mine! Thanks !
New Poster

Re: 30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working

Worked. Thanks
New Poster

Re: 30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working

I have exprimented for a few days with the 30-second skip. Today I decided to move to a 60-second skip, tried Exit Exit Exit 0060, it and it worked as olanned. However, after I reverted back to 30 seconds, to check if I could go back at leisure, I was not able to change to any different time. It seems as if I hit a limit on the number of changes, or some programming memory limit. None of the remedies suggested by the other users in this thread helped.

New Poster

Re: 30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working

This actually worked
Gold Problem Solver

Re: 30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working

Testing EXIT EXIT EXIT 0060 on my XG1V4 and as I expected, it changed nothing. Skip remained at 30 seconds.

Since the very beginning, X1 has offered a 5 minute skip as default and a 30 second skip as an option.

Others have tried to find different options without success.  If you got 60 seconds to work even once it was a fluke.


@giovanniciriani wrote:

I have exprimented for a few days with the 30-second skip. Today I decided to move to a 60-second skip, tried Exit Exit Exit 0060, it and it worked as olanned. However, after I reverted back to 30 seconds, to check if I could go back at leisure, I was not able to change to any different time. It seems as if I hit a limit on the number of changes, or some programming memory limit. None of the remedies suggested by the other users in this thread helped.


 

New Poster

Re: 30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working

This worked for me with the new xifinity x1 box.  Thanks