Community Forum

30 Second Skip

Regular Contributor

30 Second Skip

Woke up this morning and my 30 second skip feature was gone. This has happened to me multiple times and it’s pretty irritating. What’s even more irritating is that Comcast set the skip to be five minutes. Why?! If I wanted to go that far ahead or back I’d use fast forward or rewind.

So I’ve tried the EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030 without any luck, tried resetting the remote by holding setup until light turned green then 981 followed by pairing remote again. Still no luck.

Another thing I’d like to comment on - thanks a lot Comcast for archiving my original post and making it so nobody can comment any further forcing me to start a whole new thread. 😡

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV-Archive/Can-t-get-30-second-skip-to-work/m-p/3121393#M421028
Expert

Re: 30 Second Skip

@DigitalGENOcyde wrote:
Woke up this morning and my 30 second skip feature was gone. This has happened to me multiple times and it’s pretty irritating. What’s even more irritating is that Comcast set the skip to be five minutes. Why?! If I wanted to go that far ahead or back I’d use fast forward or rewind.

So I’ve tried the EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030 without any luck, tried resetting the remote by holding setup until light turned green then 981 followed by pairing remote again. Still no luck.

Another thing I’d like to comment on - thanks a lot Comcast for archiving my original post and making it so nobody can comment any further forcing me to start a whole new thread. 😡

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV-Archive/Can-t-get-30-second-skip-to-work/m-p/3121393#M421028

reboot the set top box. working?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Sorry for the delayed response, but in regards to this issue I woke up the following morning and everything was working OK. Odd thing is that I woke up this morning and it’s doing the same thing again. I don’t understand how I can go to bed one night and everything is working fine, but the following morning it’s not working. How is this happening?
Frequent Visitor

I too have had the 30 sec skip working well - until the last month (it seems).   Now, every few days the 30 sec skip reverts to 5 minutes.    WHAT IS GOING ON COMCAST?   Some combination of doing the exit exit exit 0030 AND doing a soft reboot seems to work - buy WHY am I having to do this so often?   And,  also - on DirecTV, you can repeatedly hit the skip button and it knows how many times you hit it and it skips ahead that cummulative amount - AND - it shows you on the screen the number of skips that you pusked.   Comcast? can you do that?

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Hi @DoBetterCommcas

Sorry for the experience you're having. We appreciate you using the forums to bring this to our attention.I tried to duplicate the issue on my end and was not able to. I understand this is an intermittent issue for you. Are you still noticing this? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

i have not seen it in the past week

Official Employee

@DoBetterCommcas, I am not showing any reported issues with this and it may have just been a glitch on your end. Please reach back out if you run into this again! Let me know if I can be of any other assistance and enjoy your weekend. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.