Community Forum

3.6v lithium thionyl chloride

New Poster

3.6v lithium thionyl chloride

Will a 3.6v lithium thionyl chloride battery work in the X11 remote control? The battery will fit as far as size is concerned I’m just wondering if the voltage will work. Also will a 14500 rechargeable lithium battery work? It is also the right size but is 4.2 volts.
Expert

Re: 3.6v lithium thionyl chloride

@YearofdaRooster wrote:
Will a 3.6v lithium thionyl chloride battery work in the X11 remote control? The battery will fit as far as size is concerned I’m just wondering if the voltage will work. Also will a 14500 rechargeable lithium battery work? It is also the right size but is 4.2 volts.

the double A batteries are 'nominal 1.5 volts' (a bit less due to the chemistry).  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

@YearofdaRooster wrote:

I would avoid rechargeable if possible.  I've had good luck with these lithium batteries:

https://www.target.com/p/energizer-l91bpf-6-ultimate-lithium-aa-universal-battery-6pk/-/A-52581718

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

@RobertWy wrote:

@YearofdaRooster wrote:

I would avoid rechargeable if possible.  I've had good luck with these lithium batteries:

https://www.target.com/p/energizer-l91bpf-6-ultimate-lithium-aa-universal-battery-6pk/-/A-52581718

Just out of curiosity, why would you avoid rechargables?

Silver Problem Solver

@jmr1959 wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@YearofdaRooster wrote:

Just out of curiosity, why would you avoid rechargables?

I have seen reports of leakage.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!