Community Forum

2ndary Cable box with 2 outputs? Does it exist?

Contributor

2ndary Cable box with 2 outputs? Does it exist?

So I have 2 calbe boxes.  One main 'big' one in the living room that displays the time, and a smaller one in the family room.  The smaller one is the Pace and Cisco XiD X1.  This has an HDMI out and the Cable Port out.

So I have 2 tvs in the family room.  I'd like to have both tv's connected to the cable box.

I connect HDMI out from cable box to HDMI In for TV1.  Works fine.

But for TV2, if I connect it thru coax cable from the box to the coax on the tv, it s a really terrible picture.  In face, the picture is like a third and shrunk on the tv.  Yes I can change the settings of the tv to zoom it out but the quality of picture is really bad.

Question is - does xfinity offer another one of those small cable boxes with another output other than coaxial?  So looking for either 2 hdmi outs, which probalby doesn't exist, or at least 1 hdmi out and another out without being coaxial?

Thanks!

Gold Problem Solver

Re: 2ndary Cable box with 2 outputs? Does it exist?

Comcast does not have a secondary box with 2 HDMI outputs but you could always buy a 3rd party HDMI splitter. They are easy to come by.

@norcalneil wrote:

So I have 2 calbe boxes.  One main 'big' one in the living room that displays the time, and a smaller one in the family room.  The smaller one is the Pace and Cisco XiD X1.  This has an HDMI out and the Cable Port out.

So I have 2 tvs in the family room.  I'd like to have both tv's connected to the cable box.

I connect HDMI out from cable box to HDMI In for TV1.  Works fine.

But for TV2, if I connect it thru coax cable from the box to the coax on the tv, it s a really terrible picture.  In face, the picture is like a third and shrunk on the tv.  Yes I can change the settings of the tv to zoom it out but the quality of picture is really bad.

Question is - does xfinity offer another one of those small cable boxes with another output other than coaxial?  So looking for either 2 hdmi outs, which probalby doesn't exist, or at least 1 hdmi out and another out without being coaxial?

Thanks!

Contributor

Tried low to high end splitters w the smaller xfinity box and had not much success. Works for a while but then loses signal. Especially when changing inputs on one of the TVs.

Is there something I can buy for coaxial to improve the picture?
Gold Problem Solver

The coaxial output has the lowest resolution and the audio is simple analog mono. No real way to improve it.